Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-18-2014, 01:41 PM

4 posts, read 5,954 times

Advertisements

Hi All. I just moved to Katy less than 2 weeks ago and I am super frustrated with the phone issues. I have Sprint and can't use my phone at home or in the majority of the areas around town. Out of the 6 family members who were at my place during the move 3 of us had Sprint and we were the only ones not able to get good service.
I'm fighting with them to let me break my contract minus the fee and they are totally trying to screw me. I've had Sprint for 14 years so as a loyal customer you would think they would work with me a little better. They sent a signal booster for my house and that won't even work! Their response was "Well, we show coverage in your area and we don't have enough data to see what's happening. It's not that we don't believe you we just need more data to make a decision". I told them that wasn't acceptable so now it's back and forth with this one and that one. Anyway, has anyone else had issues with Sprint? What service provider is best in Katy? My husband has AT&T but I was going to look into Verizon also.

Thanks in advance!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-18-2014, 01:58 PM

1,715 posts, read 2,300,434 times
I was with AT&T and had similar issues but not as bad as Sprint or T-mobile. I switched to Verizon recently and so far so good..

Old 07-18-2014, 03:09 PM

2,367 posts, read 4,699,109 times
Verizon is the best in the Houston area then ATT. Sprint and T-Mobile suck here.

Old 07-18-2014, 06:01 PM

682 posts, read 1,943,208 times
I travel all over town for work and have had no issues with Sprint.

Sprint is working on a lot of upgrades so you may want them to check to see if there is any work going on with the tower nearest your home.

Old 07-18-2014, 06:25 PM
fnh

2,888 posts, read 3,916,763 times
We have Sprint and also have had no issues anywhere in Houston. Maybe it's your house? There were some recent threads discussing stucco mesh interfering with cell phone signals.

ETA: Sorry in re-reading initial post I see you are having issues outside your home also. Odd, we have never had a problem with Sprint anywhere except in completely off-grid locations.

Old 07-18-2014, 07:39 PM

967 posts, read 2,611,902 times
In many of these new houses, the Tech Sheild (radiant barrier) does a number on home cell service.

I have att and it's spotty at home. My husband has Verizon and it's better but not by much. My kids' pay as you go T-Mobile??? Don't even think about it. Will never work at home.

I find a dead spot (att) on Cinco Ranch Blvd. Anywhere between Gaston and Spring Green it says no service.

Today I went with a church friend to pick up kids from camp. She drove the bus, so I fielded calls from her (Sprint) cell phone while she drove. All I can say she has lived in Katy for YEARS and she chooses Sprint for her carrier.

It must be as good as the rest of them. Spotty in places, but good in others. I don't know if you will do much better with anyone else. Considering she has Sprint in her household and I have ATT, Verizon, & TMobile in mine... And neither are "perfect." Who would you go with???

Of course there is "just build another cell phone tower" but no one wants the cell phone tower next to their house. So... Yeah...

Old 07-18-2014, 08:08 PM

676 posts, read 933,170 times
At&t works the best in west, soutwest, Katy, and Sugar Land. I get service pretty much everywhere, good speeds on LTE, and in more places than my friends Verizon phones. I know people with Sprint and T-Mobile and all I hear from them is complaints about speed and coverage.

Old 07-18-2014, 08:57 PM

7,542 posts, read 11,583,409 times
Sprint overall sucks Cricket Clear Wireless and Boost I think also you Sprints network

Old 07-19-2014, 09:26 AM

4 posts, read 5,954 times
Thanks for the replies! After a week of phone calls and demands to speak to every manager higher than the next they finally agreed to wave the early termination fee yesterday. I have to send my iphone back (paid 200 during upgrade) and they will wave it. I guess they are working to upgrade towers etc but that could be months. They have experienced a lot of complaints (yet still don't have enough info to wave fees). If it was just my home it would be one thing but I get one bar in all most locations throughout cinco ranch. The only time it works well is when I am closer to the city or north of it. The last thing I want to do it's switch but I have no choice at this point. I pay less than 100 a month for unlimited everything. Doubt I'll find a plan that good anywhere else!

Old 07-19-2014, 07:22 PM

2,165 posts, read 3,776,879 times
I have Sprint and have had issues as well. As of late thing seem to be working better but there are still various spots where internet doesn't work but phone always rings and I always get text messages. At home I use wifi and they do have a airave device for the home that can help. I realize that you already broke contract but if you ever decide to go back keep that in mind. Good luck.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston