Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-09-2014, 07:56 AM

292 posts, read 549,302 times

Advertisements

When we were looking to build our home last year, we looked at all those neighborhoods. We quickly crossed Towne Lake off the list because of its close proximity to the FM 529 and Greenhouse area and the schools are not as good as the other neighborhoods.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-09-2014, 09:40 PM

13 posts, read 19,937 times
How do you all deal with the commute. My husband will be heading to the Galleria and while I love the look of Bridgeland etc, I hear it is at least an hour no matter what time in to the city...

Old 04-10-2014, 05:39 AM

1,133 posts, read 2,028,520 times
I commute to the galleria area daily and have for the better part of the last 15 years. It wasn't so bad in years past, but the suburban explosion has made timing the commute key. I have a flexible employer. Leave the house at 550-6am and I get to the office by 630, out by 330 and home by no later than 430. I do check I-10 and 290 before I leave to see what's the most efficient commute. Alternatively, many people I know use the park and rides very successfully.

I deal with it by cranking up the tunes and enjoying some solitude. Have to make the most out of the situation. I love Cy-Fair. Grew up out here, and love living out here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jerbns6 View Post
How do you all deal with the commute. My husband will be heading to the Galleria and while I love the look of Bridgeland etc, I hear it is at least an hour no matter what time in to the city...

Old 04-10-2014, 06:05 AM

536 posts, read 1,065,373 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jerbns6 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by haudi View Post
I commute to the galleria area daily and have for the better part of the last 15 years. It wasn't so bad in years past, but the suburban explosion has made timing the commute key. I have a flexible employer. Leave the house at 550-6am and I get to the office by 630, out by 330 and home by no later than 430. I do check I-10 and 290 before I leave to see what's the most efficient commute. Alternatively, many people I know use the park and rides very successfully.

I deal with it by cranking up the tunes and enjoying some solitude. Have to make the most out of the situation. I love Cy-Fair. Grew up out here, and love living out here.
I too have flexible hours. Pre 5.30am it's 25 mins to my office in the galleria door to door.
In the afternoons 3-3.30 probably averages me 40 mins home.

Completely agree with Haudi, I have a good stereo in the car and sit back and listen to tunes or an audio book.

Old 04-10-2014, 07:43 AM

292 posts, read 549,302 times
I telecommute.

Old 04-26-2014, 11:55 PM

116 posts, read 171,433 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cbink View Post
The custom home sites in Towne Lake aren't that big either. IMO Toll Brothers have better lots than the custom houses which seems a bit odd to me.

The custom lots are in a gated section and they are 95' and higher, thus these lots are larger than the Toll Brother's lots. Some custom home buyers have purchased two lots to build their McMansions on. See the Towne Lake virtual map here: IMPS - TowneLake

Old 04-27-2014, 12:08 AM

116 posts, read 171,433 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hangster View Post
When we were looking to build our home last year, we looked at all those neighborhoods. We quickly crossed Towne Lake off the list because of its close proximity to the FM 529 and Greenhouse area and the schools are not as good as the other neighborhoods.

Towne Lake is zoned to the same schools that Cypress Creek Lakes is zoned to. Also, Towne Lake has two elementary schools (Rennell & Postma) and a middle school (Anthony) on its property. The middle school opens for the 2014-2015 school year. The majority of Towne Lake is zoned to Cypress Ranch HS. Cypress Ranch is ranked 1255 nationally (silver ranked) and 126 in Texas per the 2014 US News HS Rankings: Best High Schools in the US | Top US High Schools | Education - US News. A small section of Towne Lake (The Greene 45' & 50' lots) is zoned to Cypress Spring HS, which will be rezoned within the next two years. The schools the majority of Towne Lake residents attend are good schools, and are on par with schools in S Katy & Sugarland.

Canyon Lakes West is before Towne Lake. Cypress Creek Lakes is adjacent to Towne Lake. 529 is quite a ways from Towne Lake, it is about as close to Towne Lake as it is to Cypress Creek Lakes and Bridgeland.

I recommend that you confirm school zoning with CFISD and any crime concerns with the Sheriff. Also, check https://www.crimereports.com/ to look at real time crime reports.

Old 04-27-2014, 06:42 PM

4,244 posts, read 8,780,953 times
I would take The Bridgeland over all of them. 15 yrs from now Bridgeland will be the Cinco of Cypress TX, take it to the bank.

Old 04-28-2014, 05:43 AM

1,133 posts, read 2,028,520 times
Depends what your budget is. Cost of entry into the Bridgelands for new construction is even higher than Towne Lake to start with (not counting the 50' products). Not everyone is looking for a $500k+ home.

Quote:
Originally Posted by usc619 View Post
I would take The Bridgeland over all of them. 15 yrs from now Bridgeland will be the Cinco of Cypress TX, take it to the bank.

Old 06-15-2015, 07:57 AM

1,347 posts, read 1,827,157 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by usc619 View Post
Right, and Towne Lake will be more like the custom, nicer neighborhoods wedged to the east of Cinco Ranch between itself and George Bush Park. I'd rather live there any day. Smaller, gated community within a very short driving distance to all the retail and ammenities that Cinco Ranch provides. I'd rather be there than actually in the super-sized mpc, but that's just me.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston