Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-03-2013, 03:46 PM

1,533 posts, read 1,592,416 times

Advertisements

Can anyone recommend some nicer hotels that would be near the new Houston Cruise Terminal? We will be arriving at Hobby Airport and need a clean place to stay prior to boarding for our cruise. Would love someplace that has restaurants within walking distance. A hotel that would include a shuttle from the airport or to the cruise perfect would be great too!

If you really want to recommend the best place, having a Pappasito's near by would make my day. It's been 18 years since we've been to Houston but always loved their fajitas!

Been trying various web sites for information and I'm just not finding much on the Houston port. Lots for Galveston, but nothing for Houston, so I am getting frustrated! I know all of you helpful Texans will have some great ideas
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-03-2013, 03:59 PM

682 posts, read 1,942,527 times
The cruise terminal was conveniently built in an industrial area so there is pretty much nothing around the immediate area. You are probably looking at least 10 miles away for anywhere that has hotels near places to eat. No Pappasito's in the area near the terminal. You probably need to look around La Porte, Seabrook or Kemah for places to stay and eat. I believe there is Comfort Suites near the terminal, but not much in the way of food. Been a while since I've driven over that way. Due to the distance, I don't think any of the hotels in the area would have shuttle service, especially from Hobby.

There isn't much on the Houston port (Bayport Cruise Terminal) because it has been sitting empty since It was completed around 2008 and no one has sailed out of if yet.

Old 10-03-2013, 04:00 PM

7,542 posts, read 11,578,218 times
Comfort Suites 5755 Bayport Blvd Seabrook, TX 77586 about 1.5 mile away

Comfort Suites La Porte 902 S 8th St La Porte, TX 77571 about 3 to 4 miles away

Quality Inn & Suites 11003 W Fairmont Pkwy La Porte, TX 77571 about 4.5 miles away

Old 10-03-2013, 07:12 PM

785 posts, read 1,235,186 times
How much time do you have between arriving at the airport and departing on the cruise? If you have enough time, get a hotel at the Kemah Boardwalk, like the Seaside Inn. Close to the terminal and there is plenty to do. Not sure if they have a shuttle to the terminal though.

Old 10-03-2013, 07:56 PM

1,533 posts, read 1,592,416 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by crono_clone View Post
How much time do you have between arriving at the airport and departing on the cruise? If you have enough time, get a hotel at the Kemah Boardwalk, like the Seaside Inn. Close to the terminal and there is plenty to do. Not sure if they have a shuttle to the terminal though.
We will arrive at 2pm on Friday and cruise leaves Saturday at 4pm. Kemah looks like a nice area to consider. Will there be plenty of restaurants within walking distance?

Old 10-03-2013, 08:21 PM

23 posts, read 35,413 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AZPam View Post
We will arrive at 2pm on Friday and cruise leaves Saturday at 4pm. Kemah looks like a nice area to consider. Will there be plenty of restaurants within walking distance?
There are a large number of restaurants around Kemah. I would suggest T Bone Tom's (once featured on Diners, Drive ins, and Dives) They are known for their Armadillo eggs (can be spicy), and gumbo. Kemah itself has numerous restaurants just steps away from the hotel located there.

Old 10-03-2013, 10:48 PM

1,162 posts, read 1,886,549 times
I didn't know Houston had a cruise terminal! So it's at Bayport? If so, that's close to a lot of hotels and restaurants (Kemah, Clear Lake City).

Old 10-04-2013, 07:04 AM

683 posts, read 834,748 times
News article about the two cruise liners coming into Bayport. Port of Houston defends $9.5 million deal to bring Norwegian Cruise Lines to Bayport Cruise Terminal | abc13.com

Old 10-04-2013, 07:58 AM

785 posts, read 1,235,186 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AZPam View Post
Will you have kids with you? Kemah should be a great family destination -- it has roller coasters, a splash park, and carnival/water activities. T-Bone Tom's is a good recommendation, like the above poster said. You could also try dining at the Aquarium just for the experience (food is decent, but you're really there for the scenery).

Plenty of touristy shops nearby. There's bars for the adults on the boardwalk or further away by the lighthouse. I'm not sure if they've started setting up for Halloween yet, but they usually have a Haunted House at this time of the year.

Check them out here: Kemah Boardwalk - The Fun Never Stops!

Old 10-04-2013, 08:07 AM

17 posts, read 26,923 times
Agreed with all the above plus there even is a Pappasito's off of I-45 at the exit for Nasa Rd 1 on the way down from Hobby
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston