Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-19-2013, 01:59 AM

30 posts, read 60,053 times

Advertisements

I want to replace wood floors with wall to wall carpet in the kids room. Any recommendations of a cheap carpet installation company near Sugarland area?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-19-2013, 11:33 AM

1,534 posts, read 3,498,044 times
If you buy carpet from one of the bigbox stores, they occasionally have promotions like whole house installation for $50 or maybe even Free. For a decent avg quality carpet, I found the pricing at the store to be reasonable and even slightly cheaper than other 'carpet' places, especially when there's a sale. If you want extremely cheap quality carpet, you may be able to save somewhere else.

Old 09-19-2013, 12:01 PM

1,478 posts, read 1,517,576 times
My $37 whole house carpet install at Lowes worked out to be way more than that, the price doesn't include tearing up the old carpet or hauling it away (you could easily do these yourself though), or stairs - simple stairs were $7 each but the 4 wedge ones were much more.

You might also consider just putting a really huge rug down because ripping up wooden floors for cheap carpet is really a shame.

Old 09-19-2013, 01:27 PM

1,534 posts, read 3,498,044 times
Good to know about the extra hidden costs. I only did 2 rooms so it was pretty simple pricing, although I would have gotten more bang for the buck if I did more rooms, lol. In any case, they came out to measure (eventhough I already did but guess they didn't think I was smart enough to get it right) and gave me a thorough estimate before proceeding. They did a good job, moved furniture, and put things back nicely. I think they also charge a small amount if they had to move heavy furniture but if they did, it was very reasonable price for the whole thing and it was easier than having to find hired help and piecemeal the thing. By the way, you can borrow the swatches of carpets to take home to help you pick the right color. One downside of Lowes/HD is a lot of the items has to be ordered so you must wait like a wk before it arrives.

Old 09-19-2013, 06:32 PM

1,478 posts, read 1,517,576 times
Oh yes I had to pay to have them move the furniture too but the rooms ended up being empty because they missed an appointment and could only make it back about an hour before closing on the sale of the house in question, carpet replacement being part of the deal
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston