Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-07-2007, 10:47 AM

4 posts, read 10,576 times

Advertisements

Hello All!!

Well I just accepted a job offer in Houston, I will be working near the Galleria, and I would like to know if someone can recommend some me some decent apartments, I am looking in the 400-600 range!! I don’t really know Houston, but would like to find some nearby.

Thanks for your kindly help!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-07-2007, 01:02 PM

8,376 posts, read 30,733,751 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cars View Post
Hello All!!

Well I just accepted a job offer in Houston, I will be working near the Galleria, and I would like to know if someone can recommend some me some decent apartments, I am looking in the 400-600 range!! I don’t really know Houston, but would like to find some nearby.

Thanks for your kindly help!

400-600 range? That would put you in the hood in a small college town.

In the Galleria it will be more like 2.5 to 10 times that price. Any place decent in the loop will be about twice what you're looking to spend.

Old 11-07-2007, 07:08 PM

2,628 posts, read 8,843,029 times
I do know of a nice garage apartment that's available in Eastwood, but that is close to downtown, not the Galleria. Someone that just bought one of the houses that was on the home tour a couple weeks ago is going to rent out the garage apt. I think it will be around $600 range. Not entirely sure. Hardwoods, updated kitchen and bath. Good for someone who doesn't want to do the "complex" thing.

Old 11-09-2007, 02:59 PM

1,416 posts, read 4,444,470 times
IMO, in that price range, you will want to stay away from apartment complexes and focus on garage apartments. Inner Loop and proximity tend toward higher rents, and you would probably need to spend $800 and up to get anything in a complex that would be considered clean and safe.

Check out Craigslist and HoustonPress.com for listings by private individuals. There are some decent 'deals' to be had outside the big complexes but they are very rare these days.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston