Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-13-2007, 09:00 AM

36 posts, read 215,247 times

Advertisements

Thanks for all of the replies. We are very excited about joining the community.

As far as friendliness goes, my neighbors will have to get used to crawfish boils and beer.

Our children are young so I do think with school we should meet other families with similar interests.

Looking forward to meeting as many folks as possible.

Bigeasy
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-13-2007, 10:54 AM
cla

898 posts, read 3,313,955 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigEasy View Post

As far as friendliness goes, my neighbors will have to get used to crawfish boils and beer.

Bigeasy
crawfish boils and beer! We've already had a crab boil - in the driveway no less. Neighbors walking down the street were probably wondering what the heck we were doing - all sitting around in the open garage. I've heard it said that you know that your neighbors are from Louisiana if they keep their garage doors open (a no-no around these parts). I'm from the westbank (N.O.) and my next-door neighbors are from Houma - so we hit it off right away - sitting on the porch or patio drinking beer is one of our favorite pastimes - when we have the time.

Just remembered this bit of info that I read some months back in the newspaper - a Texas-Lousianans Social Club in Katy. Details in this link...

InsideKaty: A taste of Louisiana comes to Katy

Last edited by cla; 11-13-2007 at 11:03 AM..

Old 11-13-2007, 12:29 PM

4 posts, read 8,492 times
WooHoo! DH laughs at me, we are moving between March-June, everyone knows to bring a couple sacks when they come visit. We are from Morgan City, still figuring out where to reloate to, DH is going work downtown...

Old 11-13-2007, 10:42 PM

103 posts, read 438,702 times
BigEasy,

It's too bad we didn't get the honor of having you as a neighbor over here in Sienna. Best of luck to you and yours in your new home!

Old 11-14-2007, 09:56 PM

33 posts, read 154,749 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by usc619 View Post
I think cinco ranch is very nice, grand lakes and seven meadow is even nicer. we were renting in cinco ranch and waiting for our home to get finish(summer sage) but after looking around and having a few issuse with the const. foreman we decided it was best for us to pull out and buy elsewhere.
we just could not get over the fact that if you buy out of the cinco/grand lakes/seven meadows subdivision you'll get alot more for your money plus still be in the katy area, katyisd, south of I-10, ect.... When we were living in cinco we NEVER used any of the bells and whistles of the community and we were not to thrilled about the traffic inside the community durring peek hours. But hey,"to each is own"
Wellm i moved from California a little less than 2 and 1/2 years, and we too came for the schools. We looked at Cinco Ranch/Seven Meadows/... and we accidently got lost and stumbled upon a subdivision named Falcon Ranch. It is right next to Cinco Ranch and directly in back of Cinco Ranch High School. It was perfect we got a lot more house for our money, and we still get to go to all the top schools. This area has exploded!! Thier almost done building out the subdivision. In Fact, i was so blessed and fortunate that i pulled myself and my family from California that i was able to lease the house that i had originally bought and bought another one 1 block away, Texas has been great!!!

Old 11-16-2007, 05:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChangeIsGood View Post
BigEasy,

It's too bad we didn't get the honor of having you as a neighbor over here in Sienna. Best of luck to you and yours in your new home!
Thanks for the kind words. Wish I could move now to be honest.

My wife called me obsessed while I researched the metro area. There is such so much to see and many great areas.

Later

BigEasy

Old 11-17-2007, 06:21 AM

52,745 posts, read 48,100,286 times
I think it's a great choice what you've made. If I lived in the Houston area, that would be the first place I'd look.

Old 11-17-2007, 01:29 PM

385 posts, read 1,577,740 times
Quote:
Well it was a tough search but the family and I chose to build out in Cinco Ranch.

There are so many Master Plan communities around Houston it boggles the mind. I think we made a good choice.

The wife is a certified teacher and will be looking for a teaching position out there.

Any fellow Cinco Ranchers care to chime in.

Looking forward to moving.

Bigeasy
That place is beautiful!
I want to live there!!
Any idea how far it is from the Energy Corridor?

Old 11-17-2007, 01:33 PM

385 posts, read 1,577,740 times
Quote:
Well it was a tough search but the family and I chose to build out in Cinco Ranch.

There are so many Master Plan communities around Houston it boggles the mind. I think we made a good choice.

The wife is a certified teacher and will be looking for a teaching position out there.

Any fellow Cinco Ranchers care to chime in.

Looking forward to moving.

Bigeasy
One more question if you don't mind my asking - are basements available, also swimming pools?
Many thanks.

Old 11-18-2007, 02:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaddieClaire View Post
That place is beautiful!
I want to live there!!
Any idea how far it is from the Energy Corridor?
I am not sure how far but if you go to the Cinco Ranch website, cincoranch.com, click the location link, you will find drive times listed. These are peak drive times so keep that in mind.

As far as basements go, not sure but I did not see any. If you want swimming pools there are 7 to choose from in the community, with a new one open for '08.

Thats all I know, have fun!!!

Bigeasy
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston