Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-01-2007, 12:20 PM

3 posts, read 7,967 times

Advertisements

Hi, My husband was relocated to Houston from Dallas. We are currenly looking ro houses in 3rd ward and Riverside area. We need to have access to the medical center for me because of work and he will need to get to the woodlands approx. 2 times a week. Is this a good area for us? Are there any that are better and inthe city?

We like the older architecture of the areas mentioned above, not to mention the prices. Are these areas known to flood frequently?

Thanks to any responders!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-01-2007, 06:14 PM

3,702 posts, read 18,230,073 times
Other than architecture what other requirements are you looking for? Riverside is nice but the area around it is transitional.

Old 11-01-2007, 09:18 PM

We would like it to be insde the loop because we have heard that is the only way we will have decent cummutes to both the medical center and the Woodlands.

I am originally from NY and have lived mostly on the east coast ( DC/PHILLY). I like the Ctiy feel, my husband was born in Houston, but has lived almost everywhere including overseas. We live city living and want houses that have original architecture, 2000 or more Sq. Ft, and a multicultural/diverse neighborhood. If all that is possible!

Old 11-01-2007, 09:38 PM

2,628 posts, read 8,841,452 times
There are some houses in Riverside that took in water in Allison. But they were few. There is some great architecture in there, but unfortunately a lot of it has suffered from insensitive alterations/remuddles.

The nicest sections in there are Timber crest and University Oaks north of the bayou, and the sections off South Macgregor, especially between Calhoun and Scott and around Parkside.

When looking on HAR, run it by zip (77004 & 77021) rather than by subdivision name. There are a number of different legal descriptions in there and you might miss some.

There is a documentary on the neighborhood called "This is our home, it is not for sale" by Jon Schwartz. They are supposed to be selling DVD copies soon at MFA. They used to show it on PBS every so often.

As far as other areas, it depends upon your price range and the architectural styles you are seeking.

Old 11-02-2007, 12:01 PM

Default Thanks

Thanks for the reply! I appreciate it! I'll start looking
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston
View detailed profiles of: