Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-24-2013, 08:12 PM

114 posts, read 226,118 times

Advertisements

Anyone out there live in Bridgeland in Cypress? Is it worth it? We like Village builders, but homesites wont open up until environmental issues are cleared, ?....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-24-2013, 10:12 PM

73 posts, read 142,108 times
I know someone who lives there and enjoys the neighborhood very much. Personally, I want to like Bridgeland, I really do, but the homes that I've seen are just built right on top of each other. The homes look great, but I like a little more privacy and more mature trees.

Old 03-25-2013, 09:30 AM

73 posts, read 159,433 times
Living in Bridgeland right now. Absolutely love it. If you like the outdoors, biking, fishing, kayak's, jogging, etc, then you will love it. I think Bridgeland has some of the best bike trails in Houston. And they are expanding them to encompass more than 60 miles of trails and bike trails, eventually, along the Cypress Creek Trails. Bridgeland is growing fast, they simply got caught with there pants down when all the lots sold out in a 1 year period. They sold over 458 homes in ONE year. Now that they are owned and managed by the same company that owns The Woodlands, people all of a sudden got very interested. Both Cypress Creek Lakes and Bridgeland sold a lot of homes. So both will be opening new locations up in the Fall for buyers. It was not an environmental issue. They simply ran out of space and could not get the new section ready fast enough for new buyers.

It really depends on what section you buy into, in Bridgeland, that determines how close you are to your neighbor. Sure, we do not have acres of space, if you want that, then you will need to look elsewhere. But with all the landscaping that has been put into Bridgeland, trees, parks, lakes, etc, it will be really beautiful in 5-8 years when the trees start to get a little larger. Also, never thought it would matter that much, but I do like how Bridgeland has buried all the power lines. Looks clean. I also like how we do not have a fence blocking off all the houses as you drive through the neighborhood. Everything is not just a straight line of houses with brick fences lining the perimeter. Instead, they decided to make it "park" space that people can walk along. It really is unique.

I wish I could have bought into The Woodlands 15 years ago! But with Bridgeland now being developed by the same company as The Woodlands, and The Woodlands management team saying that they will develop Bridgeland just like The Woodlands, then I know that I got a second chance. The first "Town Center" is coming in on Fry road. Once 99 is finished, you should see signs of them building the larger Town Center along 99 and Bridgeland Lake Parkway.

Old 03-27-2013, 07:03 PM

286 posts, read 557,710 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shr1ke View Post
I wish I could have bought into The Woodlands 15 years ago! But with Bridgeland now being developed by the same company as The Woodlands, and The Woodlands management team saying that they will develop Bridgeland just like The Woodlands, then I know that I got a second chance. The first "Town Center" is coming in on Fry road. Once 99 is finished, you should see signs of them building the larger Town Center along 99 and Bridgeland Lake Parkway.
The Woodlands is mostly in Montgomery County while Bridgeland is in Harris County. Just south of Bridgeland is Cinco Ranch, Firethorne and Cross Creek Ranch all in Fort Bend County. Only CCR is within an actual city, the others are all in ETJ Houston.

Bridgeland: 11,400 acres
Cinco Ranch: New Land Communties 8,092 acres
CCR: Johnson Development 3,200 acres
Firethrone: 1,400 acres

Top-selling master planned communities | Prime Property | a Chron.com blog
Cinco Ranch sold 982 homes last year but they'll be built out soon.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston