Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-02-2013, 06:44 PM

105 posts, read 250,967 times

Advertisements

Hey, whatsup Houston folks, I was just wondering how inter racial romantic relationships are viewed in Houston? Here in South FL, it's not too big of a deal. It is common to see any type of inter racial relationship and no one really cares. In fact, I'd say a lot of people in South Florida like inter racial relationships and think its cute. Is it like that in Houston too?? I know you guys are supposed to be very friendly folks compared to Miami people, but I wondered if it's the same way when it comes to inter racial relationships ????? Despite the very rude, over crowded, bad economy environment of South FL, there is very little racism down here when it comes to inter racial relationships. What's it like in the H Town ?????

Old 03-02-2013, 07:01 PM

1,473 posts, read 2,159,917 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thatboybigbFL View Post
Hey, whatsup Houston folks, I was just wondering how inter racial romantic relationships are viewed in Houston? Here in South FL, it's not too big of a deal. It is common to see any type of inter racial relationship and no one really cares. In fact, I'd say a lot of people in South Florida like inter racial relationships and think its cute. Is it like that in Houston too?? I know you guys are supposed to be very friendly folks compared to Miami people, but I wondered if it's the same way when it comes to inter racial relationships ????? Despite the very rude, over crowded, bad economy environment of South FL, there is very little racism down here when it comes to inter racial relationships. What's it like in the H Town ?????
It the forth largest city in the nation .. few people care

Old 03-02-2013, 08:35 PM

1,106 posts, read 2,672,325 times
I have lived in the innerloop (innercity Houston) almost my entire life except for 3 years as a kid around DFW and six months in a NW suburb.

I am Hispanic, but appear to most as white...get mistaken for Middle Eastern occasionally..
My step-dad is black.
My step-mom is Vietnamese.
We also have middle eastern, Indian, and white(r) family members, either by blood or marriage.

Can't say I've noticed a lot of negativity in the city because of it...ever...but I don't hang around nothing but conservative white people, or racist black people, or snooty Asians...I have always been around lots of different types of people of many different races who have been around lots of kinds of different people growing up in Houston....

Maybe that says something about the city.

There are lots of obviously hateful ignorant people on this forum, be they white, black, or of another race, but I'll bet those people were not raised in the city of Houston, because if they were, they would have been around so many different types of people to understand that blanket racism is stupid and the mark of sad, sheltered people.

Old 03-02-2013, 09:02 PM

9,053 posts, read 17,279,803 times
We don't think it's cute - we really just don't care. Whatever you want to do.

Old 03-02-2013, 11:07 PM

958 posts, read 2,586,742 times
I think I speak for the vast majority of Americans.

For the last time.

We do not care!!!

Old 03-02-2013, 11:25 PM

6,870 posts, read 14,927,946 times
This city is just way too big and busy for anyone to give your relationships a second thought. You'll have to venture into the smaller towns to find anyone who would care about your relationship.

Old 03-03-2013, 08:22 AM

17,029 posts, read 31,074,428 times
I think this has been answered. closed.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston