Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-26-2013, 12:46 PM

13 posts, read 41,844 times

Advertisements

My husband and I are planning to relocate to the Houston area within the next year. We currently live in the suburbs of Kansas City, MO. We are looking for a master planned community much like where we live now. We have a daughter that lives in the Manvel area and while we want to be close by not necessarily in the same neighborhood. We came down and looked at Sedona Lakes and it is on the order of what we like however; I'm finding the houses are much closer together than we prefer.

Are there some communities that allow more distance between the homes? If you have any recommendations it would be most helpful as I am doing most of my research online.

Thanks in advance!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-26-2013, 01:04 PM

286 posts, read 555,189 times
The MPC you choose really depends on where you are commuting to work.

Listing, Aliana and Cross Creek Ranch are not in bold.
Top-selling master planned communities | Prime Property | a Chron.com blog

Most are located in Fort Bend County
http://www.fortbendcounty.com/why-fo...ed-communities

Demographic info for a few:

The Woodlands
The Woodlands CDP QuickFacts from the US Census Bureau

Cinco Ranch (partial, Cinco Ranch borders have expanded well past CPD)
Cinco Ranch CDP QuickFacts from the US Census Bureau

New Territory
New Territory CDP QuickFacts from the US Census Bureau

Greatwood (includes older Tara neighborhoods)
Greatwood CDP QuickFacts from the US Census Bureau

Sienna Plantation (0.0% multi-unit figure is now inaccurate, two apartment complexes have been built since)
Sienna Plantation CDP QuickFacts from the US Census Bureau

Old 02-26-2013, 01:06 PM

286 posts, read 555,189 times
also use HAR.com for more detailed info, ex. Telfair MPC
TELFAIR in Fortbend County 77479 - Neighborhood information - HAR.com

Old 02-26-2013, 01:19 PM

45 posts, read 217,122 times
Sienna Plantation is not too far from Manvel and there are sections that have larger lots and lots of trees. Will depend on your price range.
Sienna Plantation | Houston new homes | Sugar Land new homes | Missouri City new homes

Old 02-26-2013, 02:05 PM

13 posts, read 41,844 times
Thank you for the information. I will look into the suggested locations.

Just to give an idea of lot spacing this is a pic of my current neighborhood vs what I saw on Shadow Creek Ranch.

Old 02-26-2013, 03:17 PM

360 posts, read 665,563 times
It really depends on where you want to live and how much money you have to spend. I was home searching last year and most lot sizes in the masterplanned communities/suburbs start at 45' lots. It puts you REALLY close to your neighbors. I ended up on a 45' lot in the back of a "neighborhood with aminities" (instead of a masterplanned) because it is what I could afford with the amount of home square footage I wanted (I could have been IN the masterplanned community next door but would have lost 700 sq ft in my home). 50' lots begin at about $170k and up and everything increases from there. I didn't care for Shadow Creek Ranch at all. However, there are some masterplanned communities in the Sugar Land area that will keep you close to your daughter in Manvel. Try looking up Sienna Plantation or Riverstone.

Old 02-26-2013, 04:23 PM

739 posts, read 2,135,895 times
l would suggest you look at Royal Lake Estates in Fort Bend County (Richmond, TX). A short Texas drive to Manvel.
[LEFT]Royal Lakes Estates is a planned acreage community conveniently located on the famous Booth Ranch in Fort Bend county.With over 48 acres of lakes and 200 acres of woods, parks, an equestrian center and riding trails, Royal Lakes Estates is truly Fort Bend county's crown jewel of country living. Most homes sit on an acre of land.[/LEFT]

Houston homes, Houston Open Houses, and New Houston Listings - HAR.com - HAR.com

Old 02-27-2013, 06:26 AM

23,976 posts, read 15,078,314 times
There is a space on HAR.com to indicate lot size. It might get you where you want to be.

Old 02-27-2013, 06:30 AM

2,945 posts, read 4,991,361 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by southerngirl1913 View Post
Thank you for the information. I will look into the suggested locations.

Just to give an idea of lot spacing this is a pic of my current neighborhood vs what I saw on Shadow Creek Ranch.

Your current neighborhood is ideal spacing IMO. It's close but not 2 cans and a string close. Just right.

Old 02-27-2013, 08:03 AM

4,900 posts, read 13,735,217 times
The minimum spacing is 5' off the lot line meaning you can stack the houses 10' apart and many developers do so to maximize profits. We had a great house on such a lot but couldn't stand to be packed in so close so ended up buying something on an acre which I think works perfect.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston