Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-06-2013, 12:10 PM

4,422 posts, read 6,255,600 times

Advertisements

It's not the cooler temps that bothers a lot of us. I agree it's the gray days. This is what many of us tried to escape from up north.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-06-2013, 12:15 PM

2,945 posts, read 4,989,661 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by westhou View Post
I want this weather to continue. I love the rain because I never want to go through another drought again and I love the cold weather because it wasn't that long ago that we were breaking heat records with no relief in sight. Forecast is already calling for mid 70s next week. I can't believe how soon winter will be exiting Houston. At this rate we will probably break 100 degrees by April or May this year.
Don't jinx it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dopo View Post
That's when you jump in a swimming pool
But the water's not cold when it's 100 and the humidity has it feeling 110

The gray days are really pretty IMO. They feel so calming. Everyone's so chill even on the road. When the sun is out everyone is irritable and driving like idiots. Thus why we have so many bad drivers...it's always hot. Houston folks need the chill weather to chill literally.

Old 01-06-2013, 01:03 PM

1 posts, read 1,164 times
Default Try Michigan Cold

Its below 30 here and I would love to be in Houston right now with rain instead of this dry cold and snow! I am trying to relocate to Houston as we speak! Will be there in February to stay with family to see how I'm going to like it there. So the summers are really hot huh! I might like that!

Old 01-06-2013, 03:21 PM

1,475 posts, read 2,770,460 times
Today's weather was heaven. This is what Houston is all about. Forget the cold and the rain and the grey. Today alone is worth the price of admission. Keep it up Houston!

Old 01-06-2013, 04:12 PM

18,126 posts, read 25,269,498 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jek74 View Post
Today's weather was heaven. This is what Houston is all about. Forget the cold and the rain and the grey. Today alone is worth the price of admission. Keep it up Houston!
Exactly,
finally my kids were able to go outside and have fun without freezing their .... off

Old 01-06-2013, 04:30 PM

6,870 posts, read 14,851,661 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sirena922 View Post
Its below 30 here and I would love to be in Houston right now with rain instead of this dry cold and snow! I am trying to relocate to Houston as we speak! Will be there in February to stay with family to see how I'm going to like it there. So the summers are really hot huh! I might like that!
You won't like it. No one likes it. It's so hot during July, August, and September that's it's sometimes hard to breathe. Getting into a car that's been sitting in the sun feels like getting into an oven. If the idea of living in an oven sounds refreshing to you then maybe you will like it.

Old 01-06-2013, 04:37 PM

8,928 posts, read 14,331,345 times
Quote:
Clearly, you don't have a clue what "Houston is all about", since you seemed shocked that it gets cold here.

I seem to recall a thread where you're getting on people for complaining about the heat and sun during summer, yet here you are complaining chilly weather in winter.

Old 01-06-2013, 04:44 PM

1,066 posts, read 2,364,726 times
Quote:
Today was almost exactly like San Francisco's daily weather. Is perfect year round. I still need my 4 seasons though. I told my fiance that if we ever win the lotto, we are getting a summer home in SF.

Old 01-06-2013, 04:45 PM

4,760 posts, read 13,823,031 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chris_ut View Post
After living a couple years in Seattle this is nothing. Imagine if the weather was like this 9 months of the year.
Stop...you're giving me PTSD.

As to the original post, yes, I'm freezing. I don't do well in cold weather.

Old 01-06-2013, 05:00 PM

1,475 posts, read 2,770,460 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by deckhanddavy View Post
Today was almost exactly like San Francisco's daily weather. Is perfect year round. I still need my 4 seasons though. I told my fiance that if we ever win the lotto, we are getting a summer home in SF.
SF has 4 seasons? Surely you jest. LOL. One of my fav lines about SF is "the coldest summer I've ever had was in SF. I think it should be illegal to wear a jacket in July! And the rainy winters would get me down after awhile.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston