Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-29-2012, 11:33 PM

76 posts, read 236,746 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by suzy_q2010 View Post
The link in my post is to the full article. The levels were more like 11 mg/L.

Do you have a link to the pregnancy study --- not just Mercola?
if you look at the majority of the studies/cities, even a less than 2 mg/L difference produced a lower IQ score, and I'm only giving an example of low doses from a starting point of 2mg/L (high dose) to .4 mg/L (low dose)... , and only 2 out of the 27 groups had used children under 5 (4-8)...also, there were lower test scores w/amounts lower than 2mg/L and in age groups of 8-14, which is much lower than the 4mg/L allowed in the US....the one that you mentioned which was 11.5mg/L was also an arsenic area...no other areas were as high unless they were in coal mining or similar areas... so going off the study you provided, its clear that it has an effect even on lower doses of children about 5....how about a study on kids 0 - 4 when they're brains are developing ... I'm willing to bet my mortgage that it has a huge impact on mental development

and regarding that study, the last paragraph reads :
"In conclusion, our results support the possibility of adverse effects of fluoride exposures on
[LEFT]children’s neurodevelopment. Future research should formally evaluate dose-response relations
based on individual-level measures of exposure over time, including more precise prenatal
exposure assessment and more extensive standardized measures of neurobehavioral performance,[/LEFT]
in addition to improving assessment and control of potential confounders."

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-01-2013, 06:23 PM

9 posts, read 58,499 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by countrylv22 View Post
I do not like fluoride at all. But, if there was any truth to its benefits, why should we have to drink it? Why not just have it in certain toothpastes or a mouthwash..... If you choose to use it, you buy the toothpaste with it....
Why are we forced to drink it?

Do you know which cites & states do NOT have it in their water?

Thank you in advance.
If you're in the United States or Canada, you can try looking for your community here: Fluoride Action Network | Communities that Have Rejected Fluoridation Since 2010

Otherwise, try finding a fluoride filter (probably it'll be a gravity filter) like ProPur or you can see Perfect Water's products since their bottles have no bpa nor does it have fluoride, however that's meant to be a workout product, not meant to be your daily water supply, but it may be nice to have a few cases for that purpose and in case of emergency.

Old 01-01-2013, 06:27 PM

9 posts, read 58,499 times
You should link people to fluoride action network which is fluoridealert.org to educate your cities.

Old 01-06-2013, 09:08 AM

17,029 posts, read 30,917,993 times
Thread has been moved back to Houston forum

Old 01-06-2013, 03:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fusion13 View Post
You should link people to fluoride action network which is fluoridealert.org to educate your cities.
elnina, posted some excellent links in post 3 which included your website as well. I don't know how to add things to my initial post or edit it. Been a member for a bit, but still a newbie kinda.

Old 01-06-2013, 04:08 PM

18,127 posts, read 25,275,129 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by papitosabe View Post
So for years the gov't has said fluoride in our waters was safe and it was put in to lessen tooth decay. Many thought that govt shouldn't decide, and that we should have a choice if we want it in our water or not.

There are many countries ,and also a few cities in the US that have banned the use of fluoride in their water. Why not Houston? Thoughts? Concerns?
You know.... you don't have to use the "Government water"
Just saying

Old 01-06-2013, 05:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dopo View Post
You know.... you don't have to use the "Government water"
Just saying

true, but if I don't want to water my vegetables, cook, shower or drink with city water than the filtration system runs about $3,000....what about the poor folks that can't afford that for themselves or their kids...someone should speak up for them and everyone in general that is uninformed imo...

Old 01-07-2013, 05:03 AM

3,160 posts, read 4,365,816 times
and just how much tap water does someone actually drink anymore ?
heck, my pet snake drinks more tap water than I do

Old 01-07-2013, 11:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bily Lovec View Post
and just how much tap water does someone actually drink anymore ?
heck, my pet snake drinks more tap water than I do
it doesn't really matter if its tap or not...even if you have a filter, even if all you drink is soda, beer, juice, or bottled water (except for FIJI, Glacier, or Gerber's Baby water), or if you eat fruits, vegetables, or shower will you still get fluoride accumulation in your system...

Old 01-17-2013, 12:07 AM

'99 , EPA Scientists Oppose Fluoridation

EPA Scientists oppose Fluoridation
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston