Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-18-2007, 01:38 PM

832 posts, read 3,859,285 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by chris_ut View Post
If you look at Kingwood make sure you drive that during rush hour to see how bad the commute is. Not saying it is bad just something you need to look into as I'm not familiar with the traffic there.
I drive it. N 59 is the easiest commute in the entire Houston area.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-18-2007, 03:21 PM

2 posts, read 13,373 times
Post Re-moving from Missouri

Quote:
Originally Posted by moving from missouri View Post
My husband is possibly relocating for his job and I am in search of some information on the Northeast Houston area. South of Lake Houston is where he would be working...so about twenty or so miles out from there. Any info. on schools and towns would be appreciated.
I was a resident of Houston for 60 yrs. This is not a good part of town. Your best place to go would be Humble, north of Houston or to Baytown, more east of Houston. I lived in Channelview, but I would not suggest there if you have school age children. The more prominent part of Houston is on the Southwest side, namely Sugarland, Tx or Katy, Tx. Out off of 1960 there are a lot of nice homes but there is a lot of traffic out that way. Hope this will be of some help to you.

Old 10-23-2007, 08:14 PM

7 posts, read 64,037 times
The Humble area is really booming with lots of new development - Eagle Springs and Summerwood are very close to Lake Houston, as well as the Park Lakes at Canyon gate. Also check out Fall Creek, which is closer to I-59 and Beltway 8. There is a Metro park and ride near the I-59/Beltway intersection (park your car and take the bus into downtown), and the traffic on I-59 is some of the least congested in the Houston area.

Old 11-20-2007, 02:05 PM

4 posts, read 32,239 times
HI

ME AND MY HUSBAND ARE RELOCATING TO HOUSTON AS WELL. i JUST GRADUATED WITH A NURSING DEGREE AND PLAN TO WORK AT ST JOSEPH HOSPITAL. WE ARE IN OUR MID TWENTIES THEREFORE WE DONT PLAN BUYING A HOME UNTIL WE START OUR FAMILY (IN ABOUT 2 -3 YEARS). WE PREFER AN APARTMENT FOR NOW. I LOOKED AT A FEW ONLINE CAN YOU GIVE ME ANY INPUT ON THESE AREAS:

THE MARQUIS ON ELDRIDGE PARKWAY-4848 PIN OAK PARK DRIVE 77081
THE LEXINGTON- 12750 BRIAR FOREST DR 77077
RENAISSANCE VILLAGE- 12951 BRIAR FOREST DR 77077
PARK EAST APARTMENTS-9955 BUFFALO SPEEDWAY 77054
ARCHSTONE- 8181 FANNIN ST 77054
WALNUT TERRACE- 2801 WALNUT BEND LANE 77042

ARE ANY OF THESE GOOD AREAS?

Old 11-20-2007, 02:10 PM

8,376 posts, read 30,765,710 times
You may want to avoid Archstone (I lived there) as well as the medical center in general. The apartments are nice, but you are within 1.5 miles from the fringe of the biggest ghetto in Houston. Lots of stuff goes down in that area on a regular basis. Just search for my previous threads about what I dealt with. Right now the medical center is dealing with a rash of home burglaries and so many people there act like they can't understand why it's happening.

Old 11-20-2007, 02:34 PM

4 posts, read 32,239 times
Default movin to houston also

Hi

I graduated last year with my nursing degree and my husband with his accounting degree. We are moving to Houston in April 2008. We dont have any children. We are in our mid 20's and still like to go out and enjoy the nite life. We dont plan to start a family until about 2 to 3 years from now so we deifinitly would like a apartment. I looked at a few online. Can any one tell me about these?

The marquis on eldrige 4848 pin oak park drive 77081
RENAISSANCE VILLAGE 12951 BRIAR FOREST 77077
BRIAR MEADOWS 1414 S DAIRY ASHFORD 77077
PARK LAKES 9955 BUFFALO SPEEDWAY 77054
ARCH STONE 8181 FANNIN ST 77054

ARE THESE GOOD NEIGHBOR HOOD

Old 11-21-2007, 08:32 AM

6 posts, read 49,986 times
Check out the Woodlands / Oak Ridge area. Lots of nice neighborhoods. The Woodlands is a very hot community and houses anywhere in the area will grow in value. The Woodlands has a lot of shopping and has built a riverway with shops going up around it. Benders Landing is a beautiful neighborhood with minimum of 1 acre lots and custom homes located about 2 miles from the Hardy Toll Road which would get your husband to the area he needs very easily and not in a lot of traffic. Also located in that area are Imperial Oaks, Spring Trails, Legends Ranch, Legends Estates, and many more. It's Montgomery County so auto and house insurance is lower than Harris county. All located in Conroe Independent School District, taxes are a little high but schools are great. I lived in Imperial Oaks for 17 yrs and have land in Benders Landing and am planning to build soon. I highly recommend the area. It's safe, house prices continue to climb, you have diversity, 20-25 mins from downtown and it's just a nice place to live. Welcome to the area!

Old 01-10-2008, 01:42 PM

20 posts, read 132,133 times
I lived in Humble for a number of years (and attended high school there as well). It's a nice area, south of Kingwood... there are some good homes in Atascocita as well, right on the lake.

Old 01-11-2008, 06:50 PM

1 posts, read 13,123 times
Smile Moving from Puerto Rico exploring manufacturing jobs & rents in the ZC 77015.Thank you in advance!!!

I would like to see can give a hand with some information. I am exploring the idea to relocate in the next months by myself to Houston due the situation is Puerto Rico in the manufacturing field is not positive, I means zero opportunities.

Would you please provide me you important feedback of the potential to get a manufacturing job in short time. I am professional degree w/21 yrs. experience in the Lean Six Sigma manufacturing industry and in management roles. Do you know how is the manufacturing industry will do in the next months??? In this case will be more easy for me an opportunity for interview if I will be living in Houston? Wen will be the best time to be in Houston?? I am willing to get any kind of job,maybe with the union to enter to the oil and gas industry.

Do you know if will be difficult to get an opportunity with the unions???How are the rent of small house with one bedroom??? How expensive are the used cars???

I will really appreciate your help to provide me your feedback.

Regards

Happyboy!

Old 02-22-2008, 12:48 PM

1 posts, read 13,033 times
Default thinking of moving to houston

My husband and I are a interracial couple. We've visited Houston several times. What's the racial climate like?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston