Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-18-2012, 08:34 AM

74 posts, read 124,641 times

Advertisements

I like the Baylor Family Medicine practice for PCPs. It'll take a while to get a first appointment, but you can get in pretty quickly once you're an established patient. They have an emergency clinic for minor issues, which is great for the crisis du jour -- strep throat, sinus infections, etc.

You might call and make an appointment for a physical to get into the system. If you're starting at UH in January, it would be a good time to get up to date on all your immunizations anyway. They probably can make a referral for a psychiatrist.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-18-2012, 08:57 PM

42 posts, read 216,962 times
My husband has ADHD and is VERY particular about his meds. He has been to several doctors who don't like to prescribe him the dosage that he needs because of one reason or another. He has been seeing Dr. James Wright for the last few years and LOVES him. He tried to see another doctor in The Woodlands, and hated it. I think it's all depending on what you need from a doctor. A psychiatrist isn't easy to choose, you'll have to match your personality to theirs. May take a few tries! Good luck!

P.S. Post all the messages you want to....that's what these boards are for!

Welcome to Houston!

Old 12-18-2012, 09:04 PM

42 posts, read 216,962 times
I'm just gonna say it... I think commenting and commenting on random threads and actually "lurking" around here enough to know that someone is posting on a lot of boards is "kooky." If you don't have an educated and helpful answer to a question, don't even bother. There is a lot more to ADHD than just throwing drugs at people. Please respect each other. The point of this community is to be able to ask questions and get answers. Don't rag on people for doing that.

Old 12-18-2012, 11:51 PM

2,945 posts, read 4,991,946 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tprejean View Post
I'm just gonna say it... I think commenting and commenting on random threads and actually "lurking" around here enough to know that someone is posting on a lot of boards is "kooky." If you don't have an educated and helpful answer to a question, don't even bother. There is a lot more to ADHD than just throwing drugs at people. Please respect each other. The point of this community is to be able to ask questions and get answers. Don't rag on people for doing that.
I'm here daily really. I know he posts a lot of threads. You haven't posted since 2010 so you don't know much. Just sayin.

jek74 might be a cool dude but there's no mistaking CD Houston is a playground he likes to post on. Most like to comment but it's something extra to always start a thread when most of the time those threads get a few posts max. I'm not the only one who thinks that just the only one to say so.

Adults and kids are different. There ARE a lot of parents who do just throw drugs at their kids. Plus OP has ADD. There are differences.

Old 12-19-2012, 08:19 AM

1,475 posts, read 2,771,211 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by newlymarried View Post
I like the Baylor Family Medicine practice for PCPs. It'll take a while to get a first appointment, but you can get in pretty quickly once you're an established patient. They have an emergency clinic for minor issues, which is great for the crisis du jour -- strep throat, sinus infections, etc.

You might call and make an appointment for a physical to get into the system. If you're starting at UH in January, it would be a good time to get up to date on all your immunizations anyway. They probably can make a referral for a psychiatrist.
Funny you should mention Baylor, I just scheduled an evaluation with Baylor this week. I plan to see the psychiatrist at UH but I need to get an official diagnosis first. Thanks for this recommendation.

Old 12-19-2012, 08:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tprejean View Post
My husband has ADHD and is VERY particular about his meds. He has been to several doctors who don't like to prescribe him the dosage that he needs because of one reason or another. He has been seeing Dr. James Wright for the last few years and LOVES him. He tried to see another doctor in The Woodlands, and hated it. I think it's all depending on what you need from a doctor. A psychiatrist isn't easy to choose, you'll have to match your personality to theirs. May take a few tries! Good luck!

P.S. Post all the messages you want to....that's what these boards are for!

Welcome to Houston!
Thanks for this reco as well. I'll look into him. For now, UH offers the best bang for the buck but if I'm unsatisfied with the work there I'll look into Mr. Wright.

Old 12-19-2012, 08:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DejaBlue View Post
I'm here daily really. I know he posts a lot of threads. You haven't posted since 2010 so you don't know much. Just sayin.

jek74 might be a cool dude but there's no mistaking CD Houston is a playground he likes to post on. Most like to comment but it's something extra to always start a thread when most of the time those threads get a few posts max. I'm not the only one who thinks that just the only one to say so.

Adults and kids are different. There ARE a lot of parents who do just throw drugs at their kids. Plus OP has ADD. There are differences.
I've actually started very few threads. I usually comment on open threads and tend to have a lot of back and forth on those. And most of the threads I have started are NOT a few posts max. I tend to have very long threads as you know, I'm very argumentative. As long as my posts or threads are on topic, why do you care? I take it you must be making up for something that's lacking in your own personal life. Kind of ironic you are posting this on a thread about psychiatry no?

Old 12-19-2012, 04:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jek74 View Post
I've actually started very few threads. I usually comment on open threads and tend to have a lot of back and forth on those. And most of the threads I have started are NOT a few posts max. I tend to have very long threads as you know, I'm very argumentative. As long as my posts or threads are on topic, why do you care? I take it you must be making up for something that's lacking in your own personal life. Kind of ironic you are posting this on a thread about psychiatry no?

I take it you just like to hear....well see yourself talk so you post thread after thread. And yeah I have seen your arugmentative side on here. Kind of egocentric no?

Old 12-19-2012, 04:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DejaBlue View Post
I take it you just like to hear....well see yourself talk so you post thread after thread. And yeah I have seen your arugmentative side on here. Kind of egocentric no?
No, I just like throwing facts back in your face and showing you how often you are wrong. Which is almost on every single post. You would think that through sheer randomness you would get something right every now and then. But you have that special knack to be wrong almost 100% of the time. You truly are a special one.

Old 12-19-2012, 05:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jek74 View Post
No, I just like throwing facts back in your face and showing you how often you are wrong. Which is almost on every single post. You would think that through sheer randomness you would get something right every now and then. But you have that special knack to be wrong almost 100% of the time. You truly are a special one.
LOL. Right so according to you I'm wrong on things and you've crowned yourself King of "Facts" Cool dude.

That's a kind of pathetic existence. I feel sorry for you. You're classmates are going to love you at UH. Watch your tires. The way you feel the need to thrown facts will make you really likable.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston