Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-10-2012, 10:30 AM

2 posts, read 5,923 times

Advertisements

Hi Everyone,
I need some help here, I am trying to buy a house but can't decide between these two locations/builders. So I am listing some information here,

Village Builders in Telfair
-sqft 2400 price 380K (158/sqft)
-Its an inventory home
-just ok floor plan

AshtonWoods in Riverstone
-sqft 3100 price 390K (125/sqft)
-to be built
-really like the floor plan

Both are 1 story. I will have to sell the property in 5-6 yrs time so also need to know in which area this will be easier.

Thanks,
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-11-2012, 12:01 PM

28 posts, read 95,477 times
telfair is going to be built out. so in 5-6 years, you will have limited supply of resale houses in telfair. Also few community in SL offer nice trails that you can walk by the river in the community

Riverstone has better value per sq footage wise. In 2014, Riverstone will have the biggest water park in Sugarland. Also in early 2013, the university blvd from Riverstone will be extended to have direct access to 59.

so in my opinion, both houses are priced competitively and it really depends on what you values most.

Old 12-12-2012, 07:09 AM

51 posts, read 237,354 times
if you have to sell in 5-6 years, i'd probably go with telfair. telfair is almost built out now, so in 5-6 yrs you won't have competitions with new homes. riverstone will probably still be building out, so not only do you have to complete with existing homes, but with the builders. we initially looked at existing home in both telfair and riverstone, but when we saw prices were nearly the same for a new build, we decided to go new (in riverstone)

Old 12-12-2012, 07:19 AM

22 posts, read 137,719 times
Regarding Telfair, I find the resale houses to be priced at a much better value than the new builds there. Even so, the resales at Telfair are still much more expensive than what can be had in New Territory or First Colony.

Old 12-12-2012, 10:09 AM

188 posts, read 349,580 times
Telfair resale homes are priced little better compared to the new homes. Only thing is exclude appliances from the deal and price the house accordingly if the seller negotiates. Because in my opinion, in a 2006 home the appliances are already 6 years old. Otherwise if the location is priority, telfair resale still is a good option compared to a resale in riverstone proximity to 59 wise.

Old 12-13-2012, 10:34 AM

2 posts, read 5,923 times
Thanks all for your comments, its a big predicament for sure. It feels like in Telfair its Seller's market and in Riverstone its buyers who are calling some shots. Also Village Builder homes in Telfair seem very over priced for an ordinary floor plans while Ashtonwood, Trendmakers and few other builders in Riverstone have much better designs. But all the pros and cons for both of these locations actually cancel out each other in my case so I am even more confused. I wish I had a crytal ball to look into the future and decide

Old 12-13-2012, 11:22 AM

1,614 posts, read 2,668,144 times
We are also trying to decide between Telfair and Riverstone, but we are planning to stay long term. My husband and I are, at this point, leaning towards Riverstone.

Good luck deciding!

Old 12-13-2012, 12:38 PM

188 posts, read 349,580 times
We liked some floor plans/features of trend maker and meritage homes a lot in riverstone which are not offered at the same price point for telfair. For a while even we were leaning towards riverstone. But the uncertainty regarding school rezoning, MO city ETJ/ sugar land ETJ confusion put brakes for our enthusiasm towards riverstone. School lineup is not so great in telfair either. But I guess it's the location tats working in its favour.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston