Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-13-2012, 03:47 PM

43 posts, read 69,072 times

Advertisements

The large dogs are going to be a tough sell. I had a client with 2 large dogs and we kept getting turned down for lease applications. The rental market is pretty hot now in Houston. Better to find an individually owned condo or house and be prepared to pay a hefty non-refundable pet deposit. As far as areas, you probably want to start in Montrose. Prepare a little info for prospective landlords about your dogs. Maybe include testimonials from previous landlords. Remember, they are only trying to protect their investment and lots of damage can be done from 5 animals. Good luck.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-14-2012, 10:34 AM

345 posts, read 807,176 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jordanaf View Post
As far as areas, you probably want to start in Montrose.
Recommend this because it is within distance of the school and you will not be stuck in traffic. You have a lot of driving options if you live in Montrose, but the bad thing is you have to drive through sketchy neighborhood on Elgin, or Alabama. There is a chance that by the time you arrive, the Metro Rail on Cullen will be finished and it will go to Montrose. Good Luck on your plan.

Old 11-14-2012, 01:12 PM

2,052 posts, read 5,892,040 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by newlymarried View Post
Perhaps I was on the outer edge of Montrose, but it was 77009. I was at an apartment on Dallas and Montrose. I always considered the Heights north of that, but maybe I'm wrong.
That is the 77019 zip. I work at Montrose & W. Dallas and that is our zip code. 77009 is north of downtown and I-10

Old 11-15-2012, 10:23 AM

108 posts, read 199,942 times
Why Montrose over West U?

Staying on the same side of 59 makes more sense to avoid traffic. West U/Rice Village, in my opinion, is nicer and closer to UH.

Old 11-16-2012, 07:22 PM

2,410 posts, read 6,014,184 times
Thanks for the suggestions everyone.

Also can anyone give me good recommendations for electric, internet, phone (home), and possibly tv services? What about Nat Gas? Trash service? Mechanics? and most importantly good vets?

Old 11-16-2012, 10:51 PM

2,052 posts, read 5,892,040 times
Electric look on Power to Choose for all of the providers. I've used Amigo, Gexa, Direct Energy and Reliant. Check up on the companies for their reputations in the internet or BBB. No choices for natural gas if you need it, Centerpoint is the only source. Trash if you are in the city depends on if you are in a house (city of Houston) or apartment (private service). If out of the city, it will be usually be included in your water bill or part of the HOA fees paid by the property owner. Internet, phone and TV are generally Comcast, AT&T or the satellite companies in most areas.

Good luck!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston
View detailed profiles of: