Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-19-2012, 11:19 PM

15 posts, read 27,933 times

Advertisements

We are contemplating a move to Houston and would like Realtor recommendations. The areas we are interested in are West U, Memorial, Bellaire, perhaps others I'm not yet aware of. Specifically, we would like an agent with experience in looking at homes from a functional standpoint, willing to look at a home thoroughly and give honest representation, who can answer many questions about home functions, mechanics of things, etc. In other words, someone with skills that cross the line with home inspection, etc. would be the goal.
We would also want someone familiar with higher end homes, and various tax situations.

We've had such a Realtor in the past (in a different area of the country), and know it isn't all that common, but thought someone might have an idea about who to use.

We would like to be within 25 minutes of the medical center, if possible.

Thank you.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-20-2012, 12:42 AM

7,555 posts, read 11,645,877 times
The 3 areas you listed start at 350k fixerupper on a small lot 600k is the lowest for a move in ready 1500 to 1750 sqft. What is your budget??

Old 07-20-2012, 07:43 AM

1,835 posts, read 3,292,622 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gra2wish View Post
We are contemplating a move to Houston and would like Realtor recommendations. The areas we are interested in are West U, Memorial, Bellaire, perhaps others I'm not yet aware of. Specifically, we would like an agent with experience in looking at homes from a functional standpoint, willing to look at a home thoroughly and give honest representation, who can answer many questions about home functions, mechanics of things, etc. In other words, someone with skills that cross the line with home inspection, etc. would be the goal.
We would also want someone familiar with higher end homes, and various tax situations.

We've had such a Realtor in the past (in a different area of the country), and know it isn't all that common, but thought someone might have an idea about who to use.

Thank you.
Quite a few new homes being built in those areas as well...if you have the money you could search out the builders doing custom builds in those areas and get exactly what you want.

West U - average price range around there is in your $700K+

Memorial - is a huge area...you have Frostwood, Bunker Hill, Hedwig, Piney Point, Hunters Creek etc....if you need good schools then you should focus on Frostwood & Bunker-Hill as they are the only ones with a good middle school...all the memorial schools are good for elementary and they are all Memorial High.

Bellaire - I dont know much about Bellaire, but I do know some custom home builders who build great properties there in the $700+ range as well.

Old 07-20-2012, 09:07 AM

687 posts, read 2,137,064 times
Cheryjohns is on this forum quite often, and provides great advice and feedback on all aspects of home buying. Check her out.

Old 07-22-2012, 07:19 PM

42 posts, read 162,451 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gra2wish View Post

Thank you.

As a Realtor, it isn't my area and although I know it, I DON'T KNOW IT.

Look for agents with lots of listings in the area. I am not a fan of listing agents and the work they do, but most local people will consult them becaus ethey think that is the best way to sell. As a buyer, they will help you better than just a crapshoot with an agent who might not be focused DAILY on any specific area.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston
View detailed profiles of: