Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-25-2012, 06:13 PM

7,891 posts, read 11,410,931 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimBaker488 View Post
Have you been thru DFW lately ? In recent months I flu thru there with a connection that involved flights with one into one terminal and another out of a second terminal and I was really impressed with the people-mover they now have. So obviously it's been a long-time since I've used DFW but I do remember how it was back in the day, and that was not a good experience. But no longer, I give DFW high marks for the those massive upgrades they've made to their airport.
I live in Plano now and originate from DFW rather than fly through it now. They have a major terminal upgrade/refurb project going on now, it is 6-8 years long to address these 40 year old terminals and their "bones". Today, I took some associates to DFW catch a flight and the traffic was horrific. Leaving the airport the toll gates were backedup at least 1/4 mile and I ended up in the wrong lane (no toll tag lane) and couldnt change lanes due to the traffic. I have a toll tag but it took them 5 minutes to do the paper work to let me go through a non toll tag lane with my toll tag showing. I couldnt believe they didnt have the foresight to make all lanes work with toll tags, especially with the traffic due to the construction, the cars behind me were honking up a storm. DFW is not now a world class or even a good airport in my judgment. Refurb and some better design is sorely needed.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-25-2012, 07:08 PM

9,273 posts, read 26,496,019 times
this is so great about DFW..and no matter the greatness of DFW,no way in hell am I going to bump up to Dallas to catch a flight with the same lame airlines. American Sucks. United Sucks. Sorry for the gripping, but I've had a hell of a time the past few months with United. Continental will be missed by me.
I never had problems with them other than weather related delays. I walked up, threw my bags on the plane at the counter with Elite, had excellent service the whole way. No Regional Jets, being crammed into small Emberaer jet seats with a sweating,300 pounder next to me.

For International there are better premium options. Air France, Air Italia, British Airways.
Within the US, I'm looking for an alternative, and Southwest Cattlecall-Pack-em-in,dirty plane, doesn't fit the bill either. I travel all the time for business and personal..it's just more frustrating now.If I just travelled "every once and a while," it wouldn't be such a big deal to me

Last edited by EasilyAmused; 05-25-2012 at 07:26 PM..

Old 05-25-2012, 08:55 PM

4,900 posts, read 13,736,420 times
Virgin is very good, maybe we can convince them to expand to Houston.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston
View detailed profiles of: