Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-17-2012, 10:25 PM

14 posts, read 25,742 times

Advertisements

I am an RN who is hoping to get into texas children's...any nurses on this board familiar with the pay grade scale they have? and what is the salary/environment like there?...I have 2 years of Acute Specialty Peds Experience and 5 years LPN exp in acute rehab...Im looking into the West Campus of Texas Childrens bc I am leaning towards Cypress/Katy Area to live...I absolutely LOVE Katy High School's Academic (availability of AP Courses) and Athletic Program along with their other elementary schools..especially their football program...My son is currently 8 years old and has been playing football for the past four years..He is also a bright lil bite with high math/science and reading scores...Ive noticed that there are many subdivisions that are zoned to many different high schools..its so confusing!...where I am from we went to three elementary schools one jr high school and one high school...lol..and there were no worries of rezoning...when we move down we really just want to buy our "forever" home to remain stable for our son and future children..any suggestions would be greatly appreciated...thanks!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-18-2012, 12:58 PM

1,561 posts, read 2,371,891 times
An RN with your experience will probably fetch between 28-33 (before differentials) dollars per hour. I'm not sure of the environment there, since I have not worked there.

Old 05-18-2012, 03:42 PM

2,075 posts, read 4,447,102 times
I have a close family member who is an RN there and I'd say colcat is in the neighborhood. My family member enjoys working there... less stress than her previous job in Herm Childrens. She says there is less autonomy for RN's at TCH, but the patient to nurse ratio is better... and they're also better at recognizing the workload differences between patients and not saddling the nurses with multiple high maintenance patients. She mainly moved because they were paying considerably better than Herm and she's happy with her choice.

Not sure if you have a 4-year or 2-year degree. One thing I remember her telling me, she interviewed when a few others from her old unit did as well, and a couple didn't get hired as they only had 2 year RN degrees... and TCH said they only hire 4 year BSN's. Not sure if this is really their policy or if it's just the excuse they gave for not hiring those particular RN's.

Old 05-19-2012, 01:35 PM

14 posts, read 25,742 times
Thanks for the info...greatly appreciate it...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston
View detailed profiles of: