Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-08-2018, 04:14 PM

15,216 posts, read 30,553,434 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by desireekieke View Post
what happens when you don't pay your toll roads in Austin, TX what happens to the driver or the car that the person is driving
They hunt you down, kill you and sell your organs on the black market to recover your debt.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-08-2018, 04:28 PM

15,424 posts, read 7,482,091 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by desireekieke View Post
what happens when you don't pay your toll roads in Austin, TX what happens to the driver or the car that the person is driving
They send you an invoice through the mail with a small surcharge. Fines don't start racking up until the invoice is past due.

Old 03-11-2018, 05:16 AM

3,163 posts, read 1,725,413 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikeyyc View Post
I guess the giant purple signs that designate a toll road, and the equally giant black and yellow signs that say EZ-TAG ONLY aren't clear enough? Here's a future tip. If you don't know what an EZ Tag is, you probably don't have one, and shouldn't be using the toll road. If you do, you could be pro-active and do a two second google search to come up with who to contact to make sure you don't have multiple fines and charges, and likely pay just the cost of the toll.
It’s fairly easy to pick up on the difference when you live here, but not for strangers who are new to the area or just passing through. I accidentally entered several of these because “ez-tag”is just a name to me. I was expecting to see an attendant or the “toll bucket” that I remembered from the North DALLAS toll road from twenty years ago. The relentless amount of traffic around me also kept me from changing course when I saw the signs. By then, it was too late and I was forced to enter the road of doom or cause an accident.

Old 03-11-2018, 09:12 AM

469 posts, read 1,100,889 times
They will eventually send it to a collection agency which will start calling you. If that doesn't work, they will send you a letter with a settlement amount which is far less. They say they will keep you from renewing your registration but that doesnt happen. If you continue to go through without paying though, they will pull you over.

Old 03-11-2018, 01:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liljo22 View Post
They will eventually send it to a collection agency which will start calling you. If that doesn't work, they will send you a letter with a settlement amount which is far less. They say they will keep you from renewing your registration but that doesnt happen. If you continue to go through without paying though, they will pull you over.
Does anyone know if there is a way to TRANSFER the toll tag account to a temporary rental car?
What’s the difference between Harris Cty Road Authority and Texas Tolltags?

Old 03-11-2018, 02:02 PM

7,032 posts, read 14,479,950 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hopelesscause View Post
Does anyone know if there is a way to TRANSFER the toll tag account to a temporary rental car?
What’s the difference between Harris Cty Road Authority and Texas Tolltags?
I don't know about other places but in Dallas you can simply register a new toll tag account and input the plate. You'll be paying the inflated (non-tolltag) rates but at least you won't be charged the stupidly ridiculous surcharges from the rental companies for having to process your tolls.

Old 03-11-2018, 02:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ragnarkar View Post
I don't know about other places but in Dallas you can simply register a new toll tag account and input the plate. You'll be paying the inflated (non-tolltag) rates but at least you won't be charged the stupidly ridiculous surcharges from the rental companies for having to process your tolls.
Thanks. I was able to get credited for those surcharges by calling in to tell them that I had a transponder. Happily, they removed it, about $19 and some change.

Old 03-16-2018, 07:41 PM

19,573 posts, read 8,516,836 times
They put you in shackles and then they make you walk the plank.

Old 03-16-2018, 11:21 PM

5,462 posts, read 3,034,725 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Waytoodeep03 View Post
I know these things rack up and a 1.00 toll could turn into 40 bux which is absolute crazy. Admin fees for a toll? What happens if these never get paid?
You are allowed to get it waived once a year. Still better . Easy to call them and pay it. Otherwise it goes to collection and you might not be able to renew registration.

Old 05-03-2018, 01:10 PM

1 posts, read 1,543 times
SO PISSED AND SO UP-SET:
So I am pissed to the high of high, my wonderful daughter well according to her she only went through 3 tolls max with out paying in my car. but when you look this stuff up it appears it was more times but I can't really see where she is located on the Sam Houston Toll, this is given me a headache. She said that she didn't go through the toll 20 times with out playing she always pay in the correct change lane, according to them they said that she went through the EZ tag lane how can I check that, online it only show a pic of front and back lic number. Before these fees are paid I want to see the video and or a better pic, I need help I don't have 2,068.00 to pay in toll fees and she don't make that much money. UGH. How can I make sure this is correct with what they are saying. Thanks
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston