Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-03-2012, 10:03 AM

286 posts, read 739,341 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by BohemianMe View Post
Side question: Any recommended restaurants? I've been told that Hughes Hangar is a must (thoughts?), Farrago's, House of Pies, Mia Belle's and Fountainview Cafe. Are these good to start with?
Mia Bella's is the only one that I've been to, but it's pretty good, though fairly conventional Italian.

What part of town are you going to be in? If you're going to be on the East End, then Mia Bella's will not be too far. You might also want to check out Bombay Pizza (also on Main St) and then in Midtown and Montrose, there are a few great options like Pizola's, Cyclone Anaya's and Baba Yega.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-03-2012, 10:16 AM

286 posts, read 739,341 times
Here is another website to check out for free/cheap things to do in Houston this weekend: Houston On The Cheap | Your resource for freebies, discounts, and deals in the Houston area.

Old 05-03-2012, 10:27 AM

22 posts, read 45,601 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jayshoota View Post
I know, I wish I could go but I will but I will be out of town. Since both are so close together you could do both.

And if you can't make the home tour, here are some preview pics from today's paper.

Urban lifestyle during the Centerpoint Energy Downtown Home Tour - Houston Chronicle
Thank you, I LOVE the picutres from the tour so far! Ugh, I'm going to make it work!

Quote:
Originally Posted by heightsian View Post
Mia Bella's is the only one that I've been to, but it's pretty good, though fairly conventional Italian.

What part of town are you going to be in? If you're going to be on the East End, then Mia Bella's will not be too far. You might also want to check out Bombay Pizza (also on Main St) and then in Midtown and Montrose, there are a few great options like Pizola's, Cyclone Anaya's and Baba Yega.
Hey there, I appreciate the additional restaurants. I'll be staying in the Galleria area. I'm moving to Houston after the summer and I wanted to have places/things to do in several areas that I have been considering. Just trying to pick up the vibe of the neighborhoods. Your list helps out a bunch, especially for Montrose.

Old 05-03-2012, 10:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by heightsian View Post
Here is another website to check out for free/cheap things to do in Houston this weekend: Houston On The Cheap | Your resource for freebies, discounts, and deals in the Houston area.
Thanks a ton! Going to check it out now!!

Old 05-03-2012, 11:30 AM

122 posts, read 222,390 times
Quote:
Side question: Any recommended restaurants? I've been told that Hughes Hangar is a must (thoughts?), Farrago's, House of Pies, Mia Belle's and Fountainview Cafe. Are these good to start with?
Hughes Hanger is fun. As somebody mentioned, Cyclone Anaya's in Midtown is great. A good brunch place is Tiny's No. 5 in West U. You mentioned Montrose, Boheme Cafe and Bar is a great place for wine. For food in Montrose, Barnaby's, Niko Niko's, Underbelly (with a beer at Hay Merchant next door afterwards) and Feast.

Old 05-03-2012, 04:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jayshoota View Post
Hughes Hanger is fun. As somebody mentioned, Cyclone Anaya's in Midtown is great. A good brunch place is Tiny's No. 5 in West U. You mentioned Montrose, Boheme Cafe and Bar is a great place for wine. For food in Montrose, Barnaby's, Niko Niko's, Underbelly (with a beer at Hay Merchant next door afterwards) and Feast.
Sounds fun!! Thanks, Jay!!

Old 05-04-2012, 10:51 AM

1,045 posts, read 2,154,124 times
You will be in town for Cinco De Mayo, so most Mexican restaruants will have something going on Saturday.

Old 05-06-2012, 11:34 AM

29 posts, read 65,478 times
Hope your having a blast and good luck.

Old 05-10-2012, 11:13 AM

I had an amazing time! Thank you to everyone who gave me feedback!

Old 05-10-2012, 12:02 PM

122 posts, read 222,390 times
Quote:
I had an amazing time! Thank you to everyone who gave me feedback!
I was wondering the other day how your trip went. Glad you had a good time.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston