Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-03-2012, 09:58 PM

17,183 posts, read 22,968,046 times

Advertisements

Family of go-cart rider allegedly struck by neighbor's Jeep wants charges | khou.com Houston

Finally we get the woman's side of the story. I hope the investigation shows which version is true. The boy's parents believe she deliberately rammed him, but they are not saying it was racially motivated. They don't know the motive, but claim she went from the northbound lane across the southbound lane onto the grass to hit the boys in the go-cart.

Here's what the woman says though:

Quote:
"As a mother of two children, I was concerned for the safety of these kids because they were driving their vehicle erratically and at high speeds through the neighborhood and also came dangerously close to a lake. When I saw them driving erratically for the second or third time that evening, I pulled my vehicle over and stopped" she wrote.
"They were still driving fast and because they had driven onto a grass area, when they hit the brakes to stop, they skidded and ran into my vehicle after I had stopped. This is about the safety of children and nothing more," she concluded.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-03-2012, 10:24 PM

958 posts, read 2,577,868 times
Some people are too quick to throw out the race card for no reason. Let the police do their job.

Old 04-03-2012, 10:29 PM

2,465 posts, read 5,801,022 times
Yeah like the police can be trusted :-) Good luck with that mate

Actually the kids parents should be arrested for child endangerment. Why in the hell would you let your kids drive around in a go-cart. What's next?
I've seen some idiot kids doing that in my old neighborhood and they actually got hurt pretty bad.

Quote:
Originally Posted by predatorprey View Post
Some people are too quick to throw out the race card for no reason. Let the police do their job.

Old 04-04-2012, 09:08 AM

69 posts, read 246,714 times
I know this subdivison, so my question is why have the kids riding go carts on the landscape? I don't get that!! Also, the parents spoke on the Sunday radio broadcast I listen to and clearly stated they felt it was racially motviated. Why backtrack now? All the parents need to take responsibilty.

Old 04-04-2012, 10:07 AM

2,628 posts, read 8,844,258 times
I don't know what the real story on this is, but I can tell you I had a little experience in dealing with the media when we were going through our neighborhood historic designation, and I learned first hand you can't believe anything you see on these local 5:00 newscasts. They will take whoever has the most dramatic sounding story and slap it up there like it is fact without really verifying anything. They only care about what makes the best soundbites.

Old 04-04-2012, 12:22 PM

37 posts, read 83,641 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by modster View Post
I don't know what the real story on this is, but I can tell you I had a little experience in dealing with the media when we were going through our neighborhood historic designation, and I learned first hand you can't believe anything you see on these local 5:00 newscasts. They will take whoever has the most dramatic sounding story and slap it up there like it is fact without really verifying anything. They only care about what makes the best soundbites.
Hammered the nail on the head. The media will throw what they hear (fact or not) onto the evening news and try to beat the other stations to it. Every watch a certain news station and they always throw in "We have breaking news to bring to you and you heard it on Channel XX first"....

Anyways, back to the topic, I also dont know the true story, but I can definetly agree with parents of the kids being responsible for their kids. Its a residential area, side walks are not for Go-Karts or mini dirt bikes. Take these out to where they belong and run them there all day long, a neighborhood yard, park, sidewalk, community area is not the place.

Like I said though, I don't know the rea story. So if the lady deliberately "rammed" her vehicle into the kids kart, shame on her too. they're kids, talk to their parents.

Old 04-04-2012, 01:53 PM

90 posts, read 182,933 times
And now the boy has PTSD, apparently.... Anyone smell a lawsuit coming?

Old 04-04-2012, 02:53 PM

15 posts, read 31,855 times
It's not the media's fault (every racists excuse for their own behavior), that this lunatic chose to "detain" kids "who didn't look like they belonged there" by running into them with her car. What a lying pig, but I bet it's not as funny to her now as it was when she hit the boys gokart with that jeep. She's getting sued and she should be; she's doing good the parents didn't "stand their ground" and beat her a__! Note that initially several people tried to say the whole story was a made up media lie. Right. Because these "privileged" vigilante-type folks do unbelievable things.

Old 04-04-2012, 02:57 PM

3,333 posts, read 9,185,924 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by taliba View Post
It's not the media's fault (every racists excuse for their own behavior), that this lunatic chose to "detain" kids "who didn't look like they belonged there" by running into them with her car. What a lying pig, but I bet it's not as funny to her now as it was when she hit the boys gokart with that jeep. She's getting sued and she should be; she's doing good the parents didn't "stand their ground" and beat her a__! Note that initially several people tried to say the whole story was a made up media lie. Right. Because these "privileged" vigilante-type folks do unbelievable things.
Oh, bull$hit! You weren't there and you don't know, so stop stirring the cookie jar by acting as if you were.

Ronnie

Old 04-04-2012, 03:34 PM

2,075 posts, read 4,452,581 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by taliba View Post
that this lunatic chose to "detain" kids "who didn't look like they belonged there" by running into them with her car
Yes, there are idiot racist vigilantes out there, like the one in Florida... but your theory is a bit far-fetched. They were neighbors and the kid was on a go-kart, no doubt she knew he lived there.

I'm sure the truth lies somewhere in the middle. She was a pissed of idiot because he ran over her petunias... he was being an idiot because that's what 13 year old boys with motorized vehicles do. An accident was bound to happen. Who's at fault? The adults (jeep woman and go-kart parents)... they should all be given manual labor community service.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston
View detailed profiles of: