Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-27-2012, 02:48 PM

2,541 posts, read 5,496,252 times

Advertisements

Can anyone recommend a dog sitter or dog boarding facility in Spring/Woodlands or points north? We are going out of town this weekend and I need to board my 75lb Australian Shepherd. I called one place and looked at a couple other websites and the fees seem astronomical. We just moved here last summer and I'm used to paying $15 in NC. Most places seem to want $40 a day for boarding and they also seem to offer a lot more services than I need.

I don't need a "suite" with a "patio room." My dog is not a high energy Aussie and gets a 30 minute walk a day and mostly lays around other than that. He doesn't need climate controlled since the temps will be in the 60's this weekend, but I'd like a place that offers it so if we need to board him this summer he can get a/c. I'd like him to be able to get out in a fenced yard to play for an hour or so. I would love to find a person who pet sits in their home (that has good references), but I'll take him to a facility if I can't find a person.

Please let me know if you know of anyone.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-27-2012, 03:07 PM

24,200 posts, read 15,263,678 times
There are a few sitters who will come to your house. It runs 30 40 a day. We use ABC Kennel because they are familiar to our dog. We have to get a loan from the government to get her out.

Old 04-16-2012, 03:41 PM

4 posts, read 5,561 times
Try searching for dog boarding (even in-home boarding) by professionals at [url=http://www.embarkly.com/Dog-Boarding/Texas/Houston?utm_source=cdf&utm_medium=forums&utm_campa ign=citydata[/url].

The site has pictures, prices, reviews, amenities, and all the info you need to decide. Then you can contact the facilities or make a reservation. Fast and easy!

Good luck!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston
View detailed profiles of: