Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-11-2012, 06:11 AM

5 posts, read 11,942 times

Advertisements

I have looked all over...including lots of wedding website. But they didn’t have my dates available...I am so frazzled because I can’t find a local....In addition, I have a few questions...

1. Is it cheaper to rent the linens, tables and chairs and then just rent the venue or get a package....I know it depends for the most part but I have tried both and am not sure which is best....
2. Can you save money by hiring a wedding planner?
3. Any Venue Suggestions?....

Any advice or suggestions would be a great help! Thanks Everyone?

Ok...so the details are as follows:
Wedding Date: October or November...
Guests: 175-200
Budget: 40-45 p/p (includes Decor, Food, and Local)
Total Wedding Budget Cost for EVERYTHING (including cake, dress, tux, DJ, Ceremony) - (10K-12K) [/font]
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-11-2012, 06:49 AM

2,639 posts, read 8,297,637 times
La 'columbe dor on montrose

Old 01-11-2012, 07:33 AM

833 posts, read 1,890,463 times
Enlope and use the 10-12k for a house or put away for retirement.

Old 01-11-2012, 07:57 AM

1,461 posts, read 5,602,453 times
This is a good website and should lead you in the right direction.
Weddings In Houston: Reception Sites, Houston Wedding Photographers, Houston Wedding Flowers, Houston Wedding Cakes & Desserts, Wedding Gowns

Old 01-11-2012, 08:45 AM

5 posts, read 11,942 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by westres1 View Post
La 'columbe dor on montrose

Thank you I will look into that one!

Old 01-11-2012, 08:52 AM

834 posts, read 2,686,947 times
A friend got married recently and to the point about wedding planner...she contacted a planner ahead of time, but only for the event details. My friend made all/most of the appointments, etc. But the planner helped out the day of the event, organizing everyone, coordinating services for ballroom to be ready, etc. I would say even if you're on a budget try to get a planner or even a family member that you can delegate to dedicate to these things.

Good luck.

Old 01-11-2012, 09:09 AM

594 posts, read 1,251,214 times
I have no idea the cost of these places but:

Rockefeller Hall (Washington St)
Heights Firehouse (not sure the capacity- 200 might be a bit tight)
Vargo's (off Fondren and Westheimer)

And the cost of everything just really depends. We found when planning ours that it helped to keep a spreadsheet of the costs for each venue, whether everything is included or not. Being able to see the costs broken down and totaled really helped in our decisions to go with inclusive/separate vendors, etc.

Also keep in mind that tax and gratuity is usually added on when you are charged- so definitely plan for that at the very end. Be sure to ask what the gratuity percentage is as it may differ by venue/caterer. We found it best to have a list of questions we asked each venue/vendor. Some [sneaky] venues will not tell you up front that linens and table settings and chairs are priced separately so be sure to ask.

I found websites like weddingbee and theknot to be helpful for planning- just don't get too caught up in the "I want/have to have/lots of details" because it's easy to do. There are a lot of "wedding-centric" women on there with no foreseeable budget.

Good luck!

Old 01-11-2012, 10:12 AM

3,333 posts, read 9,183,706 times
I agree with Colombe d'Or. Just curious, why do you need this "ASAP!!!", if the wedding is 9 months away?

Ronnie

Old 01-11-2012, 10:17 AM

16,787 posts, read 49,120,789 times
I read somewhere recently that many funeral homes are renting out their halls chapels for weddings. Many provide the chapel free if you make your other wedding arrangements through them.

Old 01-11-2012, 10:19 AM

1,211 posts, read 3,561,330 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CptnRn View Post
I read somewhere recently that many funeral homes are renting out their halls chapels for weddings. Many provide the chapel free if you make your other wedding arrangements through them.
lol.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston
View detailed profiles of: