Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-15-2011, 01:57 PM

28 posts, read 70,849 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by houstonfan View Post
Your realtor suggested Katy or Bridgeland for commutes to Conroe and Galleria? Unless I'm missing something, you should get a new realtor.
You need to tell us what your budget and wishes are for the house and where your husband work most of the time. Do you want public or private school?
Actually , i was the one suggested Katy before arrived here in Houston , i didn't know about how bad the traffic could be or how far it is from where he's working . My main concern at the time was good school , i googled and Katy came up as area around Houston with the best school .

Our realtor did mention about how bad the commute could be if we decided to go with Cinco Ranch , so that's why he brought us to Bridgeland , haven't gone to see Spring or Woodlands yet .

Our budget is about 300k . And we're looking for a good school .

And my husband would be mainly in Conroe , probably be down to Galleria once a week or something . We would prefer something that would take only 45 minutes for commute .. don't know if he can deal with 2 hours commute , that would suck !!

Last edited by jaylivg; 12-15-2011 at 02:05 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-15-2011, 02:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by EasilyAmused View Post
Budget would be good. If you can afford NOT TO COMMUTE, why would you?

Takes me 90 minutes to get past Conroe on a Friday at 4pm from the Galleria

Somewhere in the middle would be Cypress with easy access to I-10. But I personally never invest in Bridgeland...it feels like a neighborhood where zombies could live with 10 more years of bad economy
Is Bridgeland 'that' bad ? LOL ..

Tell me more about Bridgeland , please , my husband really likes Bridgeland , but i really want to know the plus and minus of that area .. we know nothing about it ( except it's nice )

Old 12-15-2011, 02:14 PM

8,227 posts, read 11,198,693 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaylivg View Post
Actually , i was the one suggested Katy before arrived here in Houston , i didn't know about how bad the traffic could be or how far it is from where he's working . My main concern at the time was good school , i googled and Katy came up as area around Houston with the best school .

Our realtor did mention about how bad the commute could be if we decided to go with Cinco Ranch , so that's why he brought us to Bridgeland , haven't gone to see Spring or Woodlands yet .

Our budget is about 300k . And we're looking for a good school .

And my husband would be mainly in Conroe , probably be down to Galleria once a week or something . We would prefer something that would take only 45 minutes for commute .. don't know if he can deal with 2 hours commute , that would suck !!
The Woodlands would probably be your best bet.

Old 12-15-2011, 02:15 PM

1,290 posts, read 5,456,600 times
With a commute to Conroe your realtor took you to Katy? That's nuts.

Old 12-15-2011, 02:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Supermac34 View Post
With a commute to Conroe your realtor took you to Katy? That's nuts.
LOL , that's because we said we prefer Katy ( due to the great school they have ) , so he took us to Katy for the first house hunting , and the 2nd day he took us to Cypress . They both are nice area , but still prefer area with 1 hour or less to commute to work and great school .

This weekend we're supposed to do another house hunting , maybe i'd suggest Spring and The Woodlands , he did mentioned The Woodlands couple of times . i heard woodlands houses are expensive though ?

Old 12-15-2011, 06:50 PM

1,650 posts, read 3,827,755 times
If I was working in Conroe, I would most definitely be living in the Woodlands.
If you were commuting from katy to conroe, just the money you'd spend on gas could pay for private school if you really felt you needed it.
Which you shouldn't.

Old 12-15-2011, 09:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by d2mini View Post
If I was working in Conroe, I would most definitely be living in the Woodlands.
If you were commuting from katy to conroe, just the money you'd spend on gas could pay for private school if you really felt you needed it.
Which you shouldn't.
True .. back in Chicago we sent our son to a private school , but the school couldn't really accomodate his needs ( no gifted and talented program , he needed this to be challenged ) , that's why now that we're moving , a great school with great programs is an important thing for us , and we think public school can accomodate his needs better than the private school .

How's the school for woodlands area ?

Old 12-15-2011, 11:03 PM

4,875 posts, read 10,128,334 times
For Conroe ISD, use this tool:
* Welcome to Conroe Independent School District.
Determine your schools that way

Old 12-16-2011, 12:25 AM

875 posts, read 1,669,780 times
Thumbs up Conore, The Woodlands or Spring= Good Area

I live in the Conroe and commute to the Galleria about 1 or 2 times a week and it takes me anywhere between 45 mins to a hour, I'm a aggressive driver, but with a city so large and with so much traffic you kind of have to be..lol. Here is my secret: I do not ride I45 from 6-9:30AM, 11:30AM-1PM or from 4-6PM (heavy traffic times). I normally ride 45 from 10:00-12:00PM or from 2:00-4:30PM (less traffic), they have traffic but its light during these times. I take 45 to 610W or the beltway to Westheimer. (EZ Tag is a life saver!!!). The beltway will get you there faster because it is a straight shot to Westheimer IMO.

As for the Woodlands, that would probably be your best bet, good schools, nice suburban living, etc. Don't exclude Conroe or Spring because they are nice homes and schools at those places too. Conroe, The Woodlands and Spring have a drive span about 15 to 30 mins (all depend on traffic) so I don't believe it would be a issue for your husband going to and from work. Even in the morning the traffic is normally bad going south towards DT so I dont think it will be a issue.

The whole area has homes that will accommodate your budget and it would be perfect for you all because your close entrance to the hardy toll rd and the beltway. Also if you guys like to go into the city a bit I would suggest getting a EZ Tag..it will be very beneficial during heavy traffic times or if you are in a hurry trying to get into the city.

Good Luck!

Old 12-16-2011, 02:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by llmrkc07 View Post
I live in the Conroe and commute to the Galleria about 1 or 2 times a week and it takes me anywhere between 45 mins to a hour, I'm a aggressive driver, but with a city so large and with so much traffic you kind of have to be..lol. Here is my secret: I do not ride I45 from 6-9:30AM, 11:30AM-1PM or from 4-6PM (heavy traffic times). I normally ride 45 from 10:00-12:00PM or from 2:00-4:30PM (less traffic), they have traffic but its light during these times. I take 45 to 610W or the beltway to Westheimer. (EZ Tag is a life saver!!!). The beltway will get you there faster because it is a straight shot to Westheimer IMO.

As for the Woodlands, that would probably be your best bet, good schools, nice suburban living, etc. Don't exclude Conroe or Spring because they are nice homes and schools at those places too. Conroe, The Woodlands and Spring have a drive span about 15 to 30 mins (all depend on traffic) so I don't believe it would be a issue for your husband going to and from work. Even in the morning the traffic is normally bad going south towards DT so I dont think it will be a issue.

The whole area has homes that will accommodate your budget and it would be perfect for you all because your close entrance to the hardy toll rd and the beltway. Also if you guys like to go into the city a bit I would suggest getting a EZ Tag..it will be very beneficial during heavy traffic times or if you are in a hurry trying to get into the city.

Good Luck!
Thank you so much , i saw our realtor used EZ tag , def. will get that once we get a house . I think we will look into woodlands tomorrow , and we'll see which one would be better for us .

Btw , to go downtown , you don't always have to drive through the express way , am i right ? can you just go look back roads from one area to other area .. such as if we live in Katy and we have to go to Conroe , can we always take back roads ? Maybe that way traffic wouldn't be such an issue during the rush hour time ?

Again , thank you !!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston