Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-18-2011, 05:55 PM

302 posts, read 956,989 times

Advertisements

Can anybody recommend a good pool builder out here in Katy? We are in the process of building a new house and want to build a new pool/outdoor kitchen/patio area once the house is done...

Anybody I should stay away from?

Also, looking for any information regarding financing that you can provide? Do they do a second mortgage through the house? or is it separate? What about terms? 5 years? 10 years?

and please, I know all the negative comments about why I should have one in my house, I know I won't get my money back, I know is a pain to maintain, I know the happiest day of pool owning is the day you sell your house, but we have 3 little ones and plan on spending the next 20 years in this house until they are off to college... Besides, we are tired of dealing with the whole adult swim and only 3 months out of the year "season" even though it's hot here for 9 months out of the year

Thanks for all your comments....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-18-2011, 07:19 PM

2,465 posts, read 5,808,390 times
This is the best investment you will be making into your family and quality of life. We had our pool for a year now and is absolutely fantastic for our two little kids, friends, family and of course for us. I spend 30-60 minutes during one month for cleaning, chemicals and all that. Really easy.

We used Flamingo Custom Pools, and we had the best experience ever. Rich the "owner" is the first one to arrive and last one to leave during the project. The pool was built in 9 working days and it took about 3 weeks all together. A year later and we have no issues. Absolutely a piece of quality work. I also have the movie for the entire process I used the CCTV footage to make the movie.

I will be more than happy to show you the pool if you're interested in using this builder. You also pick a good time to build, in the fall We did the same thing before last year and we had the pool built right before Thanks Giving. Saved us a lot of money.

Flamingo Custom Pools - Tomball, TX 77377 - Flamingo Pools, Tomball, TX,

Stay AWAY from Platinum pools. My neighbor pool is a total disaster, the pool is not leveled properly and his equipment is already failing. His deck is also cracking in several places.

Old 09-19-2011, 01:28 PM

Thanks for the info, house won't be ready until March so we won't be able to start building until then... I did some reaserch online but it looks like I'll have to make a few calls to get a better idea...

Thanks again!

Old 09-19-2011, 03:17 PM

1,650 posts, read 3,816,796 times
What about putting it into the mortgage, having it build while the house is being built?
We are about to start building as well, and our builder told us they work with Laguna Pools (and I think Watts Pool Company) and you can finance it along with the rest of the house. But i heard Laguna is on the high end of pricing. I would like to know if I could use any company I want... but it doesn't sound like it.

Old 09-19-2011, 04:34 PM

That's a very good idea. I couldn't build mine doing the house building process since my builder David Weekly didn't allow that.

But if you can build it at the same time with the house it will be perfect, so you don't have to deal with making a mess an trying to restore everything back to normal.

Quote:
Originally Posted by d2mini View Post
What about putting it into the mortgage, having it build while the house is being built?
We are about to start building as well, and our builder told us they work with Laguna Pools (and I think Watts Pool Company) and you can finance it along with the rest of the house. But i heard Laguna is on the high end of pricing. I would like to know if I could use any company I want... but it doesn't sound like it.

Old 09-19-2011, 04:38 PM

Make sure they're using certified "pebble tec" companies if that's what you're using. They're only a hand full of certified pebble tec companies. Anyone can buy and do pebble tec pool interior but is a question of warranty and standing by their product and craftsmanship. Ask your pool builder and ask them to give you the name of the pebble tec guys You will be surprised.

Quote:
Originally Posted by d2mini View Post

Old 09-20-2011, 08:19 AM

Wish we could add it to the mortgage but Westin does not do pools. They will set it up so that there are not cables/pipes running through the area where the pool will be. Also, they will not allow the pool to be built until the home has been closed on, so we need to wait before we can start construction of the pool...

Old 09-20-2011, 08:29 AM

6,884 posts, read 20,452,396 times
Are you getting your mortgage through the builder? I was under the impression that it was up to the mortgage company whether or not you could roll your pool financing into your mortgage...?

Old 09-23-2011, 02:43 PM

76 posts, read 258,091 times
We had our pool put in through Reality Pools and really liked them. www.realitypoolshouston.com We ended up having them put in a sprinkler system in the back yard, the price they gave us was so good that I told my husband we were absolutely doing it. We had it put in after we built our house and closed on it. I know some builders work with pool companies and you can roll it into your mortgage, others don't. Unfortunately, ours was one that didn't. The financing was a loan, not a second mortgage.

Old 09-29-2011, 05:55 PM

45 posts, read 186,653 times
We used Cy Fair Pools. It's owner operated and really had a good experince. The owners name is Scott, 832-483-2279. Laguna Pools is very expensive. I've never heard of Watts pools.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston
View detailed profiles of: