Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-06-2011, 09:15 AM

12,735 posts, read 21,797,399 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by tebor79 View Post
None of these places will be rural in 10 years. They will be exburbs.
IKR. If y'all are talking about hoe Fulshear is growing like wildfires. Trust me, we have situations like these in Alabama.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-09-2011, 10:37 AM

24 posts, read 86,800 times
thanks will do!

Old 11-09-2011, 10:40 AM

24 posts, read 86,800 times
any suggestion besides fulshear, we have looked into bellville, but that might be too far from my work?

Old 11-09-2011, 10:40 AM

7,542 posts, read 11,583,409 times
Check Needville is more south south west than any other city listed & there is a lot land around there

Old 11-10-2011, 12:04 PM

12 posts, read 26,904 times
I lived in Sealy for nearly 2 years when I first moved to TX.

First thing; look for the railroads and find a place as far away from them as possible! Unless you like train whistles at all hours of the day.

Second thing; Sealy has that smalltown busybody feel to it...if that's your thing.

Third thing; I got strange looks from people for months everytime I would take my dogs for a walk.

Fourth thing; Sealy has a couple festivals that make it at least a little entertaining.

Fifth thing; Annie's Deli is great, but last time I was in was before summer so I don't know if she has any business after the third round of BAE layoffs. There are a few other restaurants including a chinese buffet, a pizza place--if it's still open, an Asian delivery, 3 Mexican restaurants, Hinze's, and a number of fast food chains.

Sixth thing; if you want a grocery store you'll have to drive to Columbus or Katy (don't drive to Katy on I-10 on Sunday afternoons!), Sealy has a Walmart and Bill's Country Market. Bill's is a mom & pop grocery, but can be a little overpriced and their selection is limited.

Old 11-10-2011, 04:27 PM

4,875 posts, read 10,079,439 times
The Wal-Mart at 310 Overcreek Way Sealy, TX 77474 is a supercenter so it IS a grocery store in Sealy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diomedes View Post
I lived in Sealy for nearly 2 years when I first moved to TX.

First thing; look for the railroads and find a place as far away from them as possible! Unless you like train whistles at all hours of the day.

Second thing; Sealy has that smalltown busybody feel to it...if that's your thing.

Third thing; I got strange looks from people for months everytime I would take my dogs for a walk.

Fourth thing; Sealy has a couple festivals that make it at least a little entertaining.

Fifth thing; Annie's Deli is great, but last time I was in was before summer so I don't know if she has any business after the third round of BAE layoffs. There are a few other restaurants including a chinese buffet, a pizza place--if it's still open, an Asian delivery, 3 Mexican restaurants, Hinze's, and a number of fast food chains.

Sixth thing; if you want a grocery store you'll have to drive to Columbus or Katy (don't drive to Katy on I-10 on Sunday afternoons!), Sealy has a Walmart and Bill's Country Market. Bill's is a mom & pop grocery, but can be a little overpriced and their selection is limited.

Old 05-24-2012, 04:47 PM

1 posts, read 1,092 times
I may have to drive to Bellville each day for a week from Katy, I don't drive the freeway for health reasons...Is there an easy way and how long does it take? If I10 has a feeder all the way I would like to know that also.

Last edited by teresabl; 05-24-2012 at 04:48 PM.. Reason: add a sentence

Old 05-24-2012, 10:08 PM

443 posts, read 1,346,972 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by teresabl View Post
I may have to drive to Bellville each day for a week from Katy, I don't drive the freeway for health reasons...Is there an easy way and how long does it take? If I10 has a feeder all the way I would like to know that also.
I lived in Austin county (where Bellville and Sealy are) for 18 years so I can give you some input. There is ONE big problem in your path of driving the i-10 frontage road all the way into Katy and it's called the Brazos River...you HAVE to get on I-10 to go over the Brazos river unless you want to go a more circuitous route which I will now describe.

Here is the only feasible route...it's going to take you at least 20 minutes longer than just getting on I-10:

Highway 36 South from Bellville to Sealy
Highway 90 east out of Sealy along I-10 to San Felipe
Go north on FM 1458 through San Felipe and over the Brazos River and to Pattison where it dead ends.
Take FM 359 from Pattison down to Brookshire where you will hit highway 90 (the actual highway, not the frontage road)
Take highway 90 into old Katy

All told this is going to take you at least 45 minutes whereas it only takes about 20-25 minutes on I-10.

Are you sure you can't just get on i-10? There is certainly more traffic on I-10 between Sealy and Katy than there used to be 15 years ago but it's nothing like driving between Katy and Houston proper.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston
View detailed profiles of: