Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-06-2011, 09:35 AM

377 posts, read 1,346,489 times

Advertisements

As residential areas of Telfair (North of 59) is almost built-out, its time the "Commercial" section is going to start up.

I heard 10,000 Sq Ft HEB will be open late this month at the "Crossing at Telfair" at Unty Blvd and Hwy 6 intersection. How about the other areas marked as 'Commercial" (That is both sides of Uty Blvd from 59 to NT Blvd and the Noth-west corner of Uty and NT Blvd). Does anyone know what retail stores are planning to open there.. Almost always, a CVS / Walgreens will be there. That area of sugar land has potential for a BedBath , Office Supplies (Staples?) , Hardware (ACE ?) among otheres. Also, there was some rumor about Costco coming to the other Section. (Costco rumor never dies ).

Anyone have any relaible information ?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-07-2011, 09:19 AM

139 posts, read 356,262 times
Confirmed:
Telfair
Shell Gas Station (Timewise)
13435 University Blvd @ Westcott Ave
Sugar Land, TX 77479
Opening June 2012

Timewise franchises stations are the cleaner stations.

I also heard that a Bombay Pizzeria similar to the one in Downtown is opening up in Telfair before the end of the year.

A Costco would be awesome, but doubt it will happen there. A Walgreen's or CVS would be great. As well as a Ace/True Value Hardware.

Old 08-07-2011, 04:27 PM

4,760 posts, read 13,830,745 times
On 90, there's been a sign promising a Fadi's Mediterranean Grill, for about a year. Their website also says a Sugar Land location is planned.

I think they are now late entering the Sugar Land market. Now we have Aristotle Grill, Baklava Cafe, and Turquoise Grill. All Mediterranean-themed. Maybe they will do OK if Telfair and New Territory residents decide they want to eat close to home.

Old 08-08-2011, 06:23 AM

279 posts, read 725,000 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Topaz View Post
On 90, there's been a sign promising a Fadi's Mediterranean Grill, for about a year. Their website also says a Sugar Land location is planned.

I think they are now late entering the Sugar Land market. Now we have Aristotle Grill, Baklava Cafe, and Turquoise Grill. All Mediterranean-themed. Maybe they will do OK if Telfair and New Territory residents decide they want to eat close to home.
It's being constructed along SH 6, south of University (just past the Hilton Garden Inn). You can see the distinctive "chimney" being built, similar to the architecture of their Westheimer location.

Old 08-08-2011, 07:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CDeb View Post
It's being constructed along SH 6, south of University (just past the Hilton Garden Inn). You can see the distinctive "chimney" being built, similar to the architecture of their Westheimer location.
Oh, good. I will eat there, for sure. Good to see Telfair getting a restaurant.

Old 08-08-2011, 09:09 AM

279 posts, read 725,000 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Topaz View Post

I had no complaints about Baklava Cafe but haven't tried the other two. Any good? Relative price?

Old 08-08-2011, 04:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CDeb View Post
I had no complaints about Baklava Cafe but haven't tried the other two. Any good? Relative price?
I've eaten at Baklava Cafe and Turquoise Grill. Both were good. Turquoise Grill is more of a formal restaurant and pricier than is Baklava Cafe.

I haven't tried Aristotle Grill yet.

Old 08-09-2011, 09:26 AM

12,735 posts, read 21,790,009 times
DFW and Houston both seem like they have A LOT of retail.

Old 08-09-2011, 10:08 AM

1,822 posts, read 2,003,562 times
Hmmm, too bad. The area looked a whole lot better as fields and scenery, rather than of a bunch of eye sores and concrete temples to Man in His Greatness, and Man and His Material Superiority.

Old 08-27-2011, 08:39 PM

377 posts, read 1,346,489 times
The HEB opening day is finalized : Sep 14th
I heard that the Gas station will be open starting this Wed (Aug 31st).
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston