Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-11-2011, 02:39 PM

4 posts, read 21,540 times

Advertisements

Thinking of purchasing our dream home. We were almost set on Grand Lakes or Seven Meadows in Katy, TX...until we heard so much (from people who actually moved out of there) about suburban snobbery out there. We prefer a larger lot size anyway. Can anyone help out with info. re: Weston Lakes in Fulshear vs. Bridlewood Estates in Rosenberg?

Any and all feedback will be sincerely appreciated. Thank you so much!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-16-2011, 05:44 AM

739 posts, read 2,136,053 times
If you are considering Bridlewood Estates, you may want to consider Royal Lakes Estates (RLE). RLE is half a mile away from Bridlewood Estate and, in my opinion, more beautiful. We considered Bridlewood and purchased in RLE. Homes sit on an acre of land and the tax rate is 1.8. With over 48 acres of lakes and 200 acres of woods, parks, an equestrian center and riding trails, Royal Lakes Estates is truly Fort Bend county's crown jewel of country living.

Old 07-18-2011, 10:54 AM

Thank you! We'll be out again next weekend looking...and certainly be checking out Royal Lakes. Sounds like a lovely place.

Old 07-18-2011, 01:52 PM

171 posts, read 414,295 times
Please elaborate on the "suburban snobbery". I guess I miss out from living in the old part of Cinco.

Old 07-18-2011, 03:34 PM

169 posts, read 428,799 times
i live right about int he middle of both of those places and we considered both areas before we bought our home. I find Fulshear (Weston Lakes, Fullbrook, etc) to be much nicer, although a little more expensive. I also second looking at Royal Lakes over Bridlewood if you like that area. Or if you want Bang for your Buck, Brazos Lakes and Sun Ranch and also in that area and much cheaper.

however, i would recommend Fulshear, or even the 359 area near Richmond where we chose. Grand River, Riverforest, Rolling Creek, Foster Island, Texana all VERY NICE neighborhoods.

Old 07-18-2011, 04:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by segueing_it View Post
Thank you! We'll be out again next weekend looking...and certainly be checking out Royal Lakes. Sounds like a lovely place.
Great! It's really beautiful out here. We moved from the 359 area of Richmond (Pecan Grove). However, moving to Royal Lkaes has significantly cut down on our commute to the Medical Center since we are close to 59.

Old 07-22-2011, 10:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CRBoyd91 View Post
Please elaborate on the "suburban snobbery". I guess I miss out from living in the old part of Cinco.
Nobody seems to know their neighbors very well, and they're all ok with that. I can see the pros of not getting too comfy with the neighbors. Plus some residents are "transients" in which their jobs settle them -albeit temporarily- in Grand Lakes or Seven Meadows. I remember ~5 years ago(??) a horrible incident in Grand Lakes that was on the news, in which a husband of a successful Katy doctor was convicted of a murder for hire plot. Thankfully, the plan was intercepted. Anyway, when the news crew interviewed some GL residents/neighbors, the common thread commentary was, "...everyone keeps to themselves here...nobody really talks to the neighbors." That stuck out in my mind from the news report. But more than that, I've actually talked to people who live there and say they hate it. They stay for their kids' education. Regarding the schools, parents told me they're excellent. Yet I know of at least 5 people who moved out of the area because, in their opinion, the residents are way too snobby. I realize there's no such thing as a perfect neighborhood, and we're not looking for that. I just figure enough red flags have gone up for us while searching around those areas. And we do want a bigger land lot.

Old 07-22-2011, 12:11 PM

"however, i would recommend Fulshear, or even the 359 area near Richmond where we chose. Grand River, Riverforest, Rolling Creek, Foster Island, Texana all VERY NICE neighborhoods."

We will be BUSY looking over the weekend. I so appreciate all the information...Thank You! :=)

Old 08-23-2011, 09:50 PM

segueing_it, did you look at Royal Lakes? What was your opinion?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston