Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-02-2011, 06:05 PM

448 posts, read 703,307 times

Advertisements

Credit agencies do not do collections. It is against Texas law to report the fine to your credit report. Did you read the law on the trashyourticket.com website? It has the law there in black and white. They will send you some nasty letters, but you can get them to stop sending those letters with a cease and desist letter, which is also on the trashyourticket website. If you don't believe what the law says and don't want to hassle with it send the money in. Good luck.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Satman858 View Post
Thanks baytownb for your response to my post and your advice.

I am not concerned about the County Tax Assessor Collector refusing to renew the registration of my vehicle because they alleged that I been in violation of their city’s ordinance, because I do have an out of state license plate, but what does concern me is them hurting my credit by possibly submitting it to some credit agency for collections. Read the information below:

What happens if I Ignore the notice of violation?

Failure to pay the civil penalty or to contest liability Not later than the 30th day after the notice was issued is an admission of liability, and failure to appear at an administrative adjudication hearing after having requested a hearing is an admission of liability and constitutes a waiver of the right to appeal. Failure to pay the civil penalty within 31 days after receipt of the notice of violation shall result in the imposition of a late-payment fee of $25 and may result in the County Tax Assessor Collector refusing to renew the registration of the vehicle alleged to have been in violation of the city’s ordinance. If the second notice remains unpaid, collections proceedings and entry of a judgment against you may proceed.

Will I receive any points on my driving record for this violation?
The civil penalty may not be recorded on the owner’s driving record and an arrest warrant may not be issued.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-04-2011, 05:40 PM

4 posts, read 6,483 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by baytownb View Post
Credit agencies do not do collections. It is against Texas law to report the fine to your credit report. Did you read the law on the trashyourticket.com website? It has the law there in black and white. They will send you some nasty letters, but you can get them to stop sending those letters with a cease and desist letter, which is also on the trashyourticket website. If you don't believe what the law says and don't want to hassle with it send the money in. Good luck.
Sure I read the trashyourticket website, but they refer to the Houston, Liberty county and Calhoun county not blocking registrations for unpaid camera tickets. The county city attorney in those counties have not filed suits unless the outstanding balance owed on tickets that were more than $1,000, but if you read my attachment, my ticket was issued by some Mayberry type police department called "City of Jersey Village" police department. I am not sure if their city attorney is filing suits for their $75 tickets are not. I thought my volation I received was in Houston, but it says City of Jersey Village on the volation.

Last edited by Satman858; 09-04-2011 at 05:49 PM..

Old 09-05-2011, 06:07 AM

448 posts, read 703,307 times
I haven't heard of any city filing suit expect for Houston, doesn't mean they haven't or won't in the future. The likelyhood of someone filing a $75 suit against you is negligable, especially where half of what they would collect goes to the camera company, they have to pay to file and pay for the city attorney's time is just not cost effective. There is another thread here about the Jeresey Village cameras where a city representative named jvredlightfacts was posting there, contact him or the city attorney and ask how many suits they have filed in the last 12 months. Or you could sit back and not worry about it, if a suit is filed you will get notice and a certain amount of time to respond, if you pay then it is settled.

Quote:
Sure I read the trashyourticket website, but they refer to the Houston, Liberty county and Calhoun county not blocking registrations for unpaid camera tickets. The county city attorney in those counties have not filed suits unless the outstanding balance owed on tickets that were more than $1,000, but if you read my attachment, my ticket was issued by some Mayberry type police department called "City of Jersey Village" police department. I am not sure if their city attorney is filing suits for their $75 tickets are not. I thought my volation I received was in Houston, but it says City of Jersey Village on the volation.

Old 09-30-2013, 11:19 AM

4 posts, read 6,483 times
Is this Red Light scam still going on in Jersey City/Houston area?

Old 09-30-2013, 12:11 PM

34,619 posts, read 21,667,786 times
Quote:
Is this Red Light scam still going on in Jersey City/Houston area?
It is in Humble, and I think it might be in the Woodlands area as well.

Old 09-30-2013, 12:32 PM

568 posts, read 902,933 times
I never paid them before we voted and nothing happened. I even renewed my license since then. I had some parking tickets that needed to be paid first though. After that I figured there was no point in paying since it does not affect me.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston