Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-01-2011, 05:44 PM

Location: Central Bay Area, CA as of Jan 2010...but still a proud Texan from Houston!
7,484 posts, read 10,446,309 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dopo View Post
I've eaten "Mondongo" (tripe stew) and seen the whole process starting from the cow being killed, the matter being taken out of the stomachs, until I had it in my bowl to eat.
Same for blood sausage.

What do you guys think of "Dimassi Mediterrean Buffet"
I had lunch there today and it was really good.
Dimassis Mediterranean Buffet in Houston
That place is not impressive.

For excellent Persian food I suggest Welcome to Cafe Caspian or Garson Persian and Mediterranean Restaurant Houston

For excellent Thai food I suggest Houston Thai Gourmet Restaurant - Home

For excellent Indian food I suggest http://www.ashiana.cc/

For just excellent well prepared tasty food I suggest Hillstone.com

For good seafood I suggest Goode Company | Our Restaurants They also make good BBQ!

For a fancy meal I suggest Welcome to Mark’s | Mark's American Cuisine - Houston, Texas (http://www.marks1658.com/welcome/index.html - broken link)

For good Tex-Mex and or Mexican I suggest Laurenzo's El Tiempo Cantina

For yummy Greek fast food I suggest http://nikonikos.com/

For good Turkish food I suggest http://www.empiretrgrill.com/index.htm

Happy Eating!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-01-2011, 06:39 PM

1,106 posts, read 2,656,958 times
Go down.bellaire or hillcroft. Tons of authentic, exotic eateries..but the white people usually just stick to one or two

Old 06-01-2011, 06:45 PM

1,106 posts, read 2,656,958 times
there is a somali restaurant on hillcroft just called something like "east african and middle eastern restaurant" but do not go in there expecting the same service and etiquette you would get from chili's or you will get very frustrated. this is not some hip "ethnic eatery" so do not expect any curious non somalis..just expect unique and indeed exotic food

Old 06-01-2011, 08:19 PM
NTT

723 posts, read 1,833,106 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TVC15 View Post
That place is not impressive.

For excellent Persian food I suggest Welcome to Cafe Caspian or Garson Persian and Mediterranean Restaurant Houston

For excellent Thai food I suggest Houston Thai Gourmet Restaurant - Home

For excellent Indian food I suggest http://www.ashiana.cc/

For just excellent well prepared tasty food I suggest Hillstone.com

For good seafood I suggest Goode Company | Our Restaurants They also make good BBQ!

For a fancy meal I suggest Welcome to Mark’s | Mark's American Cuisine - Houston, Texas (http://www.marks1658.com/welcome/index.html - broken link)

For good Tex-Mex and or Mexican I suggest Laurenzo's El Tiempo Cantina

For yummy Greek fast food I suggest Niko Niko's

For good Turkish food I suggest EMPIRE TURKISH GRILL-Houston,TX

Happy Eating!
What about Vietnamese food? We got a huge community of Vietnamese & food too! My friends & family like Kim Son Buffet in Bellaire. There's something for everyone. If daring, try out the squid salad and basil seeds drink (dunno what else to call it in English).

Btw, weekday lunch buffet price is more affordable. Over 55 will receive senior discount and if you go there on your birthday, it's free )

Old 06-01-2011, 08:49 PM

Location: Central Bay Area, CA as of Jan 2010...but still a proud Texan from Houston!
Quote:
Originally Posted by NTT View Post
What about Vietnamese food? We got a huge community of Vietnamese & food too! My friends & family like Kim Son Buffet in Bellaire. There's something for everyone. If daring, try out the squid salad and basil seeds drink (dunno what else to call it in English).

Btw, weekday lunch buffet price is more affordable. Over 55 will receive senior discount and if you go there on your birthday, it's free )
I was just listing my favorite taste bud cravings! I like Vietnamese as well but prefer Thai and Persian over it any day of the week! I used to eat at Kim Son when they were at Hillcroft and Westheimer long ago when I was a student. Kim Son Restaurant

Old 06-01-2011, 09:15 PM
NTT

Quote:
I was just listing my favorite taste bud cravings! I like Vietnamese as well but prefer Thai and Persian over it any day of the week! I used to eat at Kim Son when they were at Hillcroft and Westheimer long ago when I was a student. Kim Son Restaurant
Well,... Dopo may prefer Vietnamese cuisine. Personally, I'm not in favor with Thai, Phillipines & Japanese food. But, I would like to try Persian myself .

Oh, and I specifically mentioned Kim Son Buffet in Bellaire because in the past few years, not all Kim Son locations offer authentic Vietnamese foods (like the Jefferson location ).

Old 06-01-2011, 09:21 PM

3,283 posts, read 6,050,580 times
another up for Blue Nile. be adventurous and order the raw meat! you can also sit at one of their traditional tables. its a cool place and i want to live inside a womb of berbere sauce

in the same area Blue Nile is in are some great columbian and cuban food. for some that is plenty adventurous if raw spicy beef is going a little too far

Old 06-01-2011, 09:38 PM

Quote:
Well,... Dopo may prefer Vietnamese cuisine. Personally, I'm not in favor with Thai, Phillipines & Japanese food. But, I would like to try Persian myself .

Oh, and I specifically mentioned Kim Son Buffet in Bellaire because in the past few years, not all Kim Son locations offer authentic Vietnamese foods (like the Jefferson location ).

Persian is my favorite food! I love it! I eat it all week on some weeks. Both of the restaurants I mentioned are outstanding.

Old 06-01-2011, 09:45 PM
NTT

Quote:
Persian is my favorite food! I love it! I eat it all week on some weeks. Both of the restaurants I mentioned are outstanding.
No wonder, we get soooo fat here in Houston. Too much diverse food to try . <-- hee-hee-hee, I love emoticons, guess you guys can tell)

Just watched Nightline and they had a report about over population of Jelly Fish. They're multiplying by the millions! In order to control the number, we must eat them more. So, look for Jelly Fish Salad! Now, that's an exotic and deeeelicious dish!

Last edited by NTT; 06-01-2011 at 10:03 PM..

Old 06-01-2011, 10:25 PM

Quote:
No wonder, we get soooo fat here in Houston. Too much diverse food to try . <-- hee-hee-hee, I love emoticons, guess you guys can tell)

Just watched Nightline and they had a report about over population of Jelly Fish. They're multiplying by the millions! In order to control the number, we must eat them more. So, look for Jelly Fish Salad! Now, that's an exotic and deeeelicious dish!
Not this Houstonian. I lived 43 years in Houston and was NEVER fat and ate anything that I wanted to...it was a combo of good genetics and working out for me

Yuck on jellyfish! Some things I just won't eat no matter what!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston
View detailed profiles of: