Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-07-2011, 09:17 PM

1,534 posts, read 3,498,739 times

Advertisements

Yes, I doubt this law applies to Houston, it's like for IH10 b/w SA and El Paso, where the limit is already 80 and not many cars anyway.
And Yes, just two days ago, I was thinking to myself how ironic and annoying it is that the slowest drivers always take the left lane. Ha Ha
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-07-2011, 09:22 PM

61,916 posts, read 87,450,383 times
^^^ Right! Every attempt to raise the speed limit would not change a thing, so long there is no law to get all the slow drivers from the fast lane...

Old 04-08-2011, 11:14 AM

173 posts, read 412,107 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DJboutit View Post
I mostly see mexicans & old people doing the slowest doing like 50 if your not gonna do 60 on the freeway you should not even be on the freeway in the first place

About 5 months ago on the 610 south loop going west coming up to the barasewood curve guy in Houston city white totoya doing 35 in the left fast lane there like 12 cars behind him people like this cause the most accidents also people talking on cell phones cause a lot of accidents to
i agree. stay on the feeder road if you wanna drive that slow.
I see people text and talking on cells and driving slow ALL the time.
FEEDER PEOPLE-use it.

Old 04-08-2011, 11:49 AM

193 posts, read 437,323 times
This law won't apply to Houston but many people here like it would already.

Old 04-08-2011, 12:19 PM

9,221 posts, read 15,974,778 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaydes View Post
i agree. stay on the feeder road if you wanna drive that slow.
I see people text and talking on cells and driving slow ALL the time.
FEEDER PEOPLE-use it.
I hate the ones that speed up and slow down. I really hate tailgating, but you must do it if someone is driving to slow in the fast lane. Flicking the lights helps, especially at night. I don't stop until I see movement.

Old 04-08-2011, 01:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scarface713 View Post
I really hate tailgating, but you must do it if someone is driving to slow in the fast lane. Flicking the lights helps, especially at night. I don't stop until I see movement.
You don't have to tailgate, you're chosing to. It is incredibly aggressive and dangerous. I love when I'm already going 10 over and people pull that on me, it encourages me to drop to the speed limit until I can safely move over.

Old 04-08-2011, 01:58 PM

15,982 posts, read 35,257,484 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cassino View Post
You don't have to tailgate, you're chosing to. It is incredibly aggressive and dangerous. I love when I'm already going 10 over and people pull that on me, it encourages me to drop to the speed limit until I can safely move over.
Well it's good to know you like being a hazard to other drivers on the road. It's one thing if your in the right or middle lanes being tailgated ,but if your in the left lane; it's a problem.

Old 04-08-2011, 02:30 PM

9,221 posts, read 15,974,778 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jluke65780 View Post
Well it's good to know you like being a hazard to other drivers on the road. It's one thing if your in the right or middle lanes being tailgated ,but if your in the left lane; it's a problem.
Exactly. I won't tailgate someone in the left lane if they are passing correctly. But those taking eight years to pass a car, or riding at the same speed as the car next to them, I'll tailgate. Why would you want to chill in someone's blindside or right next to them anyways? I don't want any cars that close to me. I've tried not tailgating before, but they don't move over I don't think Cassino realizes how dangerous that is to slow down to the speed limit in the left lane. If you aren't passing anyone quickly, don't drive in it. Imple.

Old 04-08-2011, 02:49 PM

61,916 posts, read 87,450,383 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cassino View Post
I have a feeling that I have been driving behind you few times already...

Old 04-08-2011, 02:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jluke65780 View Post
If I am passing somebody while I am in the left lane doing 10 over, I AM being the hazard? Nice try. I'll continue to pass, it just may take me a little longer if one of you decides to tail gate me. Aggressive drivers that have no patience is the problem, not people doing the speed limit.

I won't normally travel in the left lanes any ways, and do so only to pass. I will be out of your way soon enough.

Please pray tell why it is you all feel the need to tail gate somebody. Do not realize how dangerous that is and how little reaction time you're giving yourselves? Sure I get annoyed at people that drive slower than I do but what is the sense in doing something that is aggressive, dangerous and would put me at fault for an accident? It doesn't make any sense to me at all.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston