Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-03-2011, 06:42 PM

11 posts, read 39,155 times

Advertisements

We are moving to Houston in a couple of weeks and we chose Sugarland as our first choice for living in the apartment. We will work from home so commute will not be a problem. Our budget for 1-2 bed room is about $800-900/month. We have a small doxie (15 lbs) and prefer community with more trees and grass. Any suggestions? Thank you
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-03-2011, 08:09 PM

82 posts, read 255,993 times
you should get a 1br for that amount. 2 BR depends on the specials they run. Usually they are above 1000.

Broadstone New Territory is in the nice wooded New Territory subdivision.

Gateway at Sienna Plantation is part of the Sienna Plantation master planned community. It is full of greenery.

Gables Edgewater is right next to a small lake with a trail around it and walking distance to the park and trails. It is also very close to the shops and mall.

See if any of these work for you.

And yes there are several dog parks in the Houston area too.

Old 04-03-2011, 10:04 PM

234 posts, read 682,208 times
As the other member suggested - then there are some more just outside first colony on dulles avenue that are zoned to sugar land schools but in unincorporated fort bend county - look under zip code 77477

Old 04-05-2011, 10:46 AM

11 posts, read 39,155 times
what confuses me a little is what are differences between sugar land and stafford? I know stafford is next to sugar land, is it a good place to live like sugar land?

Old 04-05-2011, 02:16 PM

34 posts, read 107,560 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by daisydog930 View Post
what confuses me a little is what are differences between sugar land and stafford? I know stafford is next to sugar land, is it a good place to live like sugar land?
No no no no no no.... No.

Stay in Sugar Land, and stay south of 90.

Old 04-05-2011, 02:21 PM

469 posts, read 1,101,938 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mo C. View Post

I agree....Too many sketchy places in Stafford. Some areas are nice but just stay in Sugar Land if you like that area. Sugar Land has enough in and around it that you don't really need to travel much unless you want to see a theatre show, sport event, or museum.

Old 04-05-2011, 03:07 PM

9,598 posts, read 16,577,108 times
Quote:

Why? What's wrong with north of 90? Do tell.

Old 04-05-2011, 03:23 PM

82 posts, read 255,993 times
Stafford is the lesser desirable area of the two . They do have some good apts there too. It has safe and unsafe parts like anywhere else.

If you have kids and are looking for good schools then SugarLand is better.

Old 04-05-2011, 08:16 PM

5,429 posts, read 14,851,505 times
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by crbcrbrgv View Post
Absolutely nothing wrong with north of 90. Not sure why some use it as a division line, maybe just because it's a major roadway.

A better guide would be to stay south of W Belfort. Or if you're conservative on it, south of W Airport.

City of Sugar Land has spent a small fortune in recent years turning 90 into a very attractive boulevard style road with new trees and landscaping. I hear more is to come, like bike paths. And north of 90 is where the new baseball stadium is going in, and that's likely to set off lots of new developments and possibly even another town-center type development for Sugar Land.

Old 04-06-2011, 01:27 PM

34 posts, read 107,560 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by crbcrbrgv View Post
In my opinion the area north of 90 along Hwy 6 is too close to Houston. For example, I wouldn't want to live near Bissonet/Hwy 6 intersection.

I made this mistake in another thread, too, I should clarify I mean right along Hwy 6 and not the area north of 90 that isn't just off 6. Sorry if that doesn't make sense, a little hard to explain without a map handy.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston