Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-17-2011, 08:40 PM

344 posts, read 1,187,630 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Topaz View Post
Really? I haven't been to the Sienna HEB but if it is bigger and nicer than the new one in Sugar Land, I'll have to check it out.
Nicer is subjective I suppose, but it definitely seemed like the one at University Blvd is not as deep but just as wide. The aisles are just as wide as Sienna, but nowhere near as long. And the crossstore walkways are narrower.

IMHO, most HEB stores are laid out strangely. Either their planners are goofy or it's some kind of gimmick to create zones where they can get more traffic looking at the high-profit stuff. I don't know which it is, but I usually find at least a couple of really annoying layout features in every store, and the new store is no different. The Sienna store is nearly free of such annoyances, and the only layout gimmick that bothers me there is the double row of checkout stands.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-18-2011, 03:06 PM

169 posts, read 428,921 times
we attempted to visit the new store today. we could not find a parking spot. not even kidding. people were creating parking spots anywhere it was not a fire lane. i imagine they were close to the fire marshall limit inside. we left, will return another time. ive never not been able to find a spot at a grocery store.

just more evidence that h-e-b > all other grocery stores.

Old 09-19-2011, 09:56 AM

344 posts, read 1,251,195 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Topaz View Post
Yes! I am excited for Fadi's Mediterranean Grill to open but more restaurants would be great.
Next to Fadi's is another restaurant...possibly a Cheddars??

Old 09-19-2011, 10:06 AM

169 posts, read 428,921 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mustang1 View Post
Next to Fadi's is another restaurant...possibly a Cheddars??
yes, it is going to be a Cheddars

Old 09-19-2011, 11:06 AM

587 posts, read 1,135,420 times
I went to it last week...its built similiar to the HEB@Sienna, matter of fact, its built the same way with the dairy and cold items in the rear left of the store and the produce, bakery, and deli on the left..they had tons of samples and giveaways going on, but like anything new, once the novelty wears out, you will be able to get in there with no problem....parking will be an issue...very limited on the parking, and they are still in construction mode with the adjacent buildings...they also have my fit foods in the store, preparing food on the spot, so thats a plus for those who seek to eat healthy meals.

I still like the HEB plus concept in Pearland better, probably because its bigger and has more space, but thats just my opinion..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston