Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-24-2007, 08:25 AM

67 posts, read 238,293 times

Advertisements

Hello-
We're relocating long-distance to Houston and have been looking at properties in Cinco Ranch, specifically so our son can attend CRHS. The problem is that we have four small dogs that we show (all under 15 pounds, all debarked!) and have just learned that CR has deed restrictions allowing just two pets. We're very responsible owners and are really worried about the restriction...we're not into rule-breaking, so where does this leave us in terms of alternative good housing/school choices? Dumping our much-loved pets so we can move is out. Can any of you offer any suggestions?
--
Thanks very much,
Paige
Quick reply to this message

Old 07-24-2007, 09:05 AM

1,611 posts, read 4,855,106 times
I am not usually an advocate of rule-breaking but in this instance I would not let that be the sole reason to stay out of Cinco. When I moved into my current house 8 years ago, I exceeded the allowable number of animals (cats) by one. During a discussion with a member of the HOA I asked if they would come after me for the extra cat. I was told that nobody was going to come into my house and count my pets so if they couldn't be seen (or heard in your case) then who would know? If your pups are well cared for and your house is kept clean then you won't have a visit from the "pet police' either.

Old 07-27-2007, 02:25 PM

33 posts, read 125,687 times
Cinco Ranch is a hole full of rich people who think they are entitled to the money they inherited and keeping out the lesser people, like you. The also have a list of deed restrictions against other things too, like the number of cars you can have, what kind of changes you can make to you house, how many people can be in your house at any given time, what race can live in what house and how spread out minorities must be.

Okay, I made up the last one...

Old 07-27-2007, 06:57 PM

1,354 posts, read 4,582,822 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by robertsd247 View Post
Cinco Ranch is a hole full of rich people who think they are entitled to the money they inherited and keeping out the lesser people, like you. The also have a list of deed restrictions against other things too, like the number of cars you can have, what kind of changes you can make to you house, how many people can be in your house at any given time, what race can live in what house and how spread out minorities must be.

Okay, I made up the last one...
80% full of people that "want" to be rich. The other 10% may actually be "comfortable"

Old 07-28-2007, 11:46 AM

6,202 posts, read 11,458,760 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by robertsd247 View Post
Cinco Ranch is a hole full of rich people who think they are entitled to the money they inherited and keeping out the lesser people, like you.
I've always wondered what these people do for a living? Where do they work?

Quote:
The also have a list of deed restrictions against other things too, like the number of cars you can have, what kind of changes you can make to you house, how many people can be in your house at any given time,
My family is shocked at my deed restrictions. The ones that I mentioned it to (they live in L.A. and Las Vegas) said that theirs is not even that strict. Maybe they are shocked because they are Westerners?

Quote:
what race can live in what house and how spread out minorities must be.
Uhh...remember it violates Fair Housing. Don't do it.

Last edited by KerrTown; 07-28-2007 at 12:06 PM..

Old 07-29-2007, 12:13 AM

212 posts, read 1,273,597 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seaglass View Post
Hello-
We're relocating long-distance to Houston and have been looking at properties in Cinco Ranch, specifically so our son can attend CRHS. The problem is that we have four small dogs that we show (all under 15 pounds, all debarked!) and have just learned that CR has deed restrictions allowing just two pets. We're very responsible owners and are really worried about the restriction...we're not into rule-breaking, so where does this leave us in terms of alternative good housing/school choices? Dumping our much-loved pets so we can move is out. Can any of you offer any suggestions?
--
Thanks very much,
Paige
Paige, who told you about the dead restrictions? I have not heard that one before. You should call and ask the HOA, because it may also depend on area. There are several areas within Cinco. Its a very nice area. Everyone has something bad to say, but overall its a great area.

Old 07-29-2007, 10:44 PM

98 posts, read 351,049 times
don't forget, too, that a neighbour can report you for having too many pets, either out of spite or just wanting to be mean. that happened to my mom's neighbour. they moved because of it.

Old 07-29-2007, 11:32 PM

15,216 posts, read 30,571,630 times
Give everyone in the suburbs rocket launchers and put them out in the street to settle their petty disputes over pets and siding and cars or whatever. When it's over there will be nothing left to bicker about.

Old 08-03-2007, 10:08 PM

268 posts, read 1,489,345 times
jfre81 -- fireworks are not permitted in Cinco Ranch per the HOA rules - there were lots of signs posted around the 4th!

Old 08-03-2007, 10:23 PM

15,216 posts, read 30,571,630 times
"But they're not fireworks, they're wartime artifacts! I'm a collector! I'm just, uh, showing my collection to the neighbors."

Too bad to hear that, though. I loved HOA-free neighborhoods in the (unincorporated) burbs, i.e. places with no fireworks ordinances, when I was a kid. Fourth of July was the bomb, in more ways than one. We had the decency to not blow up cars or anything of real value (or at least we tried not to). But mailboxes, toys, random items in the yard...the burbs are never more fun than when they sound like Dresden '45, for sure....I probably shouldn't even be talking about this...I think the mailbox thing is a federal crime.

I plead not guilty because I was an impressionable juvenile and it is out of statute...I'm old now.

...but did I help create the HOA monster of today?

The kind of monsters that either say you can't, say, plant a flower bed with azaleas outside your house? (Or better yet, they will allow someone else in the subdivision with more pull to plant a flower bed with azaleas, and then let everyone else know that they will be encouraged to voluntarily do the same by way of fines for those who do not do so).

*looks at topic* Oh....

Keep your house clean and your cats inside and nobody will know any better. Keep people you don't like/who don't like you out of your house as much as possible. That's a good thing to do anyway.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston