Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-05-2007, 11:52 AM

268 posts, read 1,489,527 times

Advertisements

There is a french group that might be helpful for you to meet other french speaking people - it meets every Wednesday evening at a La Madeline cafe/bakery. You can find details on meetup.com. There is also a French Alliance in Houston that will also give you an opportunity to meet other French speaking people. Good Luck with your move and welcome to Houston.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-06-2007, 09:48 PM

1,354 posts, read 4,583,287 times
Did you find out if your child(ren) were accepted at Awty International yet?

Old 08-07-2007, 03:11 AM

98 posts, read 351,088 times
L'Alliance Française de Houston homepage (site pour l'Alliance Française Houston, il-y-a aussi leur numéro de téléphone-- ils sont situés au centre ville -houston (montrose))

sugarland est très international, plus que centre ville, mais je ne sais pas s'ils ont des institutrices qui parlent français.
mes parents habitent à sugarland, mais ils vont se déménager au canada bientôt.

si vous avez n'importe quelles questions au sujet de différentes régions de houston, vous pouvez librement m'envoyer un email (simplement cliquez sur mon nom pour l'envoyer).

bonne chance!!!
~~groens~~

Last edited by groens; 08-07-2007 at 03:20 AM..

Old 08-17-2007, 07:24 AM

7 posts, read 25,611 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ayannaaaliyah View Post
Did you find out if your child(ren) were accepted at Awty International yet?

We are still on a waiting list and wait for the 1st day at school in case some children don't show up. thanks for your concern !

Old 08-17-2007, 10:00 PM

Something may open up in late September/October because some parents told me today that their jobs will be returning them to France/Holland and a couple of other countries, so the children are returning this year until the transfers take place.

Keep me posted.

Old 08-23-2007, 07:13 AM

8 posts, read 26,984 times
Hi chrisb,

we are in the same situation as you, my daughter still in the waiting list, they told us that we can have some information today,but i am afraid that she can not get acces too. Not easy to find a house in Houston because without the answer of the school we dont know where to look. Anyway we will see.

By the way Guys i love Houston. People are so cool and friendly and it's a clean and quite city comparing to Shanghai.

Talk to you later

Bonne chance dans vos recherches.

Doudou

Old 09-02-2007, 05:22 PM

Quote:
Something may open up in late September/October because some parents told me today that their jobs will be returning them to France/Holland and a couple of other countries, so the children are returning this year until the transfers take place.

Keep me posted.
Finally the children were accepted at Awty, we have been lucky. We are now looking for a house for sale close to the Energy corridor, between Eldridge and Wilcrest and preferably north of Dairy Ashford. houses for rent are way too expensive. Thank you Ayannaaaliyah !

Old 09-03-2007, 10:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris B View Post
Finally the children were accepted at Awty, we have been lucky. We are now looking for a house for sale close to the Energy corridor, between Eldridge and Wilcrest and preferably north of Dairy Ashford. houses for rent are way too expensive. Thank you Ayannaaaliyah !
CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Let me know if you need some assistance, you can find me in the Awty school directory (did you get your password yet?). Send me a PM and I'll give you my name so you can look me up and let me know if there's anything that you need. Your children will ABSOLUTELY love it at Awty! Again Congratulations!!!!!!!!!!!

Old 09-03-2007, 10:06 PM

Oh by the way, check Houston Real Estate - Houston Homes, Houston Home Value and Houston Relocation and put in Lakes on Eldridge. They have varied pricing on homes and several families live in that community whose children attend Awty. Awty also has bus service for the children that services the community.

Old 09-17-2007, 12:29 PM

Quote:
CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Let me know if you need some assistance, you can find me in the Awty school directory (did you get your password yet?). Send me a PM and I'll give you my name so you can look me up and let me know if there's anything that you need. Your children will ABSOLUTELY love it at Awty! Again Congratulations!!!!!!!!!!!
Hello Ayannaaaliyah ! sorry but being new on this forum I do not know what a PM is. (private message maybe? but how should I do that ?) Let me know !
thanks in advance !
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston