Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 12-18-2010, 12:24 PM

497 posts, read 1,489,409 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by robertrulez View Post
The reason I never go on chron is because of all the conservative douche bags on that site commending him for his reckless actions. Making his place of business in a shooting range not only endangered his wife, but also civilians outside that could have been hit by a ricochet. He could have just gave the jewelry and let the insurance take care of it instead of endangering other lives.
Your world view doesn't work. You can choose to live on your knees but when you do a certain percentage of any culture will choose to take advantage. When too many fools like yourself choose to live on your knees you end up with a professional criminal class who daily destroy lives (including their family's and their own) without a thought.

You suggest he just give up the jewelry. Word gets out he is easy to rob. He gets robbed again. His insurance rates go up. Maybe the next robbers take the jewelry and - rape his wife. Rape him. Kill them both. Or maybe he goes out of business because he cannot afford the higher insurance rates. All of the businesses flee the area and the good people there have to hide in their houses that are now worthless. There is no end to it.

You have to realistically look at what works and what doesn't and what really causes the most overall destruction. When cultures tolerate crime, the innocent suffer.

Old 12-18-2010, 12:26 PM

221 posts, read 612,692 times
Wow so much ignorance in this forum, not surprised though considering the amount of republicans here.
According to the article, those thugs do not have a police record meaning they have never committed a crime here in the US. Common sense leads me to believe that they are just petty thugs, and to think they would have killed Mr. Castillo and his wife just because they wanted too is extremely ignorant. Turning a place of business that happens to be located in a heavily populated area into a warzone is not only lawfully wrong, but morally as well.

Especially since a young high school girl just died of a ricochet bullet last week.
Houston police still looking for teenage girl's killer | Houston & Texas News | Chron.com - Houston Chronicle

Old 12-18-2010, 12:33 PM

9,273 posts, read 26,558,006 times
Quote:
Turning a place of business that happens to be located in a heavily populated area into a warzone is not only lawfully wrong, but morally as well.

You live in Sharpstown right? Right in the middle of the largest battlefield in Houston. You might be more effective preaching the above to your part of town rather than on this forum. It would actually be helpful to ALL of us. Thank you.

Old 12-18-2010, 12:33 PM

5,976 posts, read 15,318,177 times
Default Huh?

Quote:
Wow so much ignorance in this forum... According to the article, those thugs do not have a police record meaning they have never committed a crime here in the US.[/url]
Dude, your post could be considered ignorant. Are you telling us that a criminal records his, or her act with the police each time a crime is commited? Or do you mean only when they get caught?

People who rob others with guns don't just give up volunteering for Thanksgiving and Christmas food drives, buy a gun and rob a jewelry store. Get real.

Old 12-18-2010, 12:34 PM

6,476 posts, read 7,342,438 times
The people who turned that store in to a 'war zone' are the punks who brought guns into the place and threatened violence. I honestly think you are being silly on purpose here. What use is a gun in a robbery if not placing the intended victim in authentic fear of her/his life?

Old 12-18-2010, 12:43 PM

614 posts, read 1,241,077 times
Quote:
Wow so much ignorance in this forum, not surprised though considering the amount of republicans here.
According to the article, those thugs do not have a police record meaning they have never committed a crime here in the US. Common sense leads me to believe that they are just petty thugs, and to think they would have killed Mr. Castillo and his wife just because they wanted too is extremely ignorant. Turning a place of business that happens to be located in a heavily populated area into a warzone is not only lawfully wrong, but morally as well.

Especially since a young high school girl just died of a ricochet bullet last week.
Houston police still looking for teenage girl's killer | Houston & Texas News | Chron.com - Houston Chronicle

'Petty' thugs that are all armed and willing to rob a jewelry store in broad daylight. So I would imagine 'real' thugs come in with a tank? A grenade launcher? No I got it, a bazooka! Again, please stop posting.

Old 12-18-2010, 01:13 PM

173 posts, read 412,817 times
Can this guy be banned!!! he is annoying the hell outta me.robertrulz is an idiot!!

Old 12-18-2010, 01:14 PM

173 posts, read 412,817 times
Anybody who will go and rob a business in broad daylite armed as well cannot be trusted. u just wait around to see what "they" may decide to do? Mr Castillo is a neighborhood hero,and alive. Prayer to his family.

Old 12-18-2010, 01:38 PM

1,632 posts, read 3,338,200 times
Quote:

It DOESN'T mean they haven't committed a crime here -- it means they haven't been caught. HUGE difference. Once again Robert --- please tell me where you live so I can come take all your stuff without fear of retaliation. I'll bet your woman feels nice and safe with you around....

Old 12-18-2010, 01:39 PM

1,632 posts, read 3,338,200 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cavaturaccioli View Post
The people who turned that store in to a 'war zone' are the punks who brought guns into the place and threatened violence. I honestly think you are being silly on purpose here. What use is a gun in a robbery if not placing the intended victim in authentic fear of her/his life?
Yea, Robert is either just trying to cause a stir, or he should go get a lobotomy to fix what ever's wrong with his noodle.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston