Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-06-2010, 04:30 PM

49 posts, read 103,376 times

Advertisements

Hi all
We will be moving from minneapolis to houston soon...a big move..we are planning to live in pearland area..i want to know are there any magnet schools in either pearland or clearlake and how are the school districts??
how can we compare the living standards of both cities??
too many questionssss
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-06-2010, 04:56 PM

221 posts, read 611,509 times
pearland sucks

live in houston if you have the chance

Old 12-06-2010, 05:02 PM

3,842 posts, read 8,269,751 times
I don't know much about Pearland schools. The schools in Clear Lake are good (exemplary rating from the state). In the high schools they are ultra competitive. I don't know of any magnet schools on this side of town.

Old 12-06-2010, 07:49 PM

Thankyou soo much for the reply..job will be in clearlake..near the space center and few friends told us that clearlake can be too crowded for someone moving from Mn...
our main concern is kids school as i have a 5 yr old and a 3rd old..
again thankyou for taking the time out.

Old 12-06-2010, 07:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by robertrulez View Post
pearland sucks

live in houston if you have the chance

isnt pearland in houston also?or ur talking about the main city area?

Old 12-06-2010, 07:57 PM

Check the elementary schools beforehand if you choose Clear Lake. Some are way better than others. Crowded depends on your perspective. I am originally from a small Texas town, so I do find the main thoroughfares in Clear Lake to be crowded at peak traffic times. But if your job is in Clear Lake, then I strongly suggest living in Clear Lake, Friendswood, League City, or even Pearland. You won't have to climb on the freeway at all.

Old 12-06-2010, 07:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nkhan View Post
isnt pearland in houston also?or ur talking about the main city area?
Pearland is a town immediately south of Houston. But Houston is all spread out.

Old 12-06-2010, 08:03 PM

24 posts, read 59,466 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nkhan View Post
Thankyou soo much for the reply..job will be in clearlake..near the space center and few friends told us that clearlake can be too crowded for someone moving from Mn...
our main concern is kids school as i have a 5 yr old and a 3rd old..
again thankyou for taking the time out.
Huh? I live in Clear Lake and it's not crowded at all. MPLS gives off a way more "crowded" feeling than Clear Lake. I also was a product of the Clear Lake schools and I can tell you they are great, especially the high school. Very competitive and is one of the largest in the state. If your job is in Clear Lake then Clear Lake makes much more sense than Pearland. Pearland isn't as nice as Clear Lake as well. It gives off a much more "country" feeling than Clear Lake where it is pretty white collar.

Old 12-06-2010, 08:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AjaxMalone View Post
Huh? I live in Clear Lake and it's not crowded at all. MPLS gives off a way more "crowded" feeling than Clear Lake. I also was a product of the Clear Lake schools and I can tell you they are great, especially the high school. Very competitive and is one of the largest in the state. If your job is in Clear Lake then Clear Lake makes much more sense than Pearland. Pearland isn't as nice as Clear Lake as well. It gives off a much more "country" feeling than Clear Lake where it is pretty white collar.
OH realy..thankyou so much..now this has solved big issue on living in Clearlake..as job is in clearlake so best would be to stay close..Yes our main concern is the best schooling we can get for kids..now this is making us little relived that we are not making a wrong choice by moving to clearlake
Thanx

Old 12-06-2010, 08:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanielWayne View Post
Check the elementary schools beforehand if you choose Clear Lake. Some are way better than others. Crowded depends on your perspective. I am originally from a small Texas town, so I do find the main thoroughfares in Clear Lake to be crowded at peak traffic times. But if your job is in Clear Lake, then I strongly suggest living in Clear Lake, Friendswood, League City, or even Pearland. You won't have to climb on the freeway at all.

Do you think clearlake would be a good choice for living ?we both are professionals...i mean an engineer and a doc ..job is in clearlake and we want to live in a nice neighbourhood and at the same time not too far from work also.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston