Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-22-2010, 10:14 AM

295 posts, read 1,172,187 times

Advertisements

i need to change my address on DL.
online wont allow me, customer service i talked to said they updated it so only US citizen can do it online.
i dont have a problem with that, but i would appreciate a suggestion of the most efficient DPS location.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-22-2010, 10:26 AM

8,286 posts, read 38,891,367 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Proud2bPinoy View Post
i need to change my address on DL.
online wont allow me, customer service i talked to said they updated it so only US citizen can do it online.
i dont have a problem with that, but i would appreciate a suggestion of the most efficient DPS location.
The farther you are from a population center the better.

The best one I have ever been to was in Fairfield, TX.

Old 11-22-2010, 10:55 AM

430 posts, read 1,261,893 times
On the advice of numerous friends who had been there, I drove out I-10W to the DPS in Columbus, TX -- about 45 miles from Katy. Got there right at 8:30 and was third in line. I thought it would be fairly quick, but there was only one person there to process applications and answer the always-ringing telephones. Took me 4 hours including driving. Rosenberg DPS took even longer.

Old 11-22-2010, 11:10 AM

LOL at fairfield texas, it's probably 3 hrs drive one way from houston.

thanks for the advice, i'll try to go as far from houston as i can but not too far.

Old 11-22-2010, 11:36 AM

912 posts, read 2,565,161 times
Is the Katy DPS location still out of action? I used to go there at certain quiet times and experience no wait at all.

Old 11-22-2010, 11:37 AM

15,217 posts, read 30,685,152 times
So, let me get this straight - you might drive three or four hours to shave some time off what might be a two-hour wait in line? Makes perfect sense to me.

Old 11-22-2010, 12:12 PM

8,286 posts, read 38,891,367 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jfre81 View Post
So, let me get this straight - you might drive three or four hours to shave some time off what might be a two-hour wait in line? Makes perfect sense to me.
Well, if you wait in line for two hours it feels like seven because you are not moving. If you drive to Fairfield you are traveling at 80 mph the whole time.

Seriously, I had regular business in Fairfield a few years ago and would be there at least once a week. It probably goes without saying that if you don't have a good reason to be in Fairfield then you shouldn't go.

Old 11-22-2010, 01:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimboburnsy View Post
Well, if you wait in line for two hours it feels like seven

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vkVzspuCkxg

Quote:
Originally Posted by Navin R. Johnson
I know we've only known each other four weeks and three days, but to me it seems like nine weeks and five days. The first day seemed like a week and the second day seemed like five days. And the third day seemed like a week again and the fourth day seemed like eight days. And the fifth day you went to see your mother and that seemed just like a day, and then you came back and later on the sixth day, in the evening, when we saw each other, that started seeming like two days, so in the evening it seemed like two days spilling over into the next day and that started seeming like four days, so at the end of the sixth day on into the seventh day, it seemed like a total of five days. And the sixth day seemed like a week and a half. I have it written down, but I can show it to you tomorrow if you want to see it.
Seriously, just bring a book or something.

Old 11-22-2010, 02:16 PM

seriously, it's not 2 hours wait on a busy DPS.. probably 4 to 6 hours wait..

Old 11-22-2010, 02:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Proud2bPinoy View Post
seriously, it's not 2 hours wait on a busy DPS.. probably 4 to 6 hours wait..
What's the difference if you're going to drive out to BFE?

Here's your problem - you're asking for "efficient" out of a government agency. You might as well ask which McDonald's has the best filet mignon.

Of course if I was forward-thinking enough I would be selling this folly to as many rubes as I could find - if I get a million idiots to drive two or three hours out of town, it'll just make the lines here shorter.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston