Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-30-2010, 10:00 AM

128 posts, read 130,562 times

Advertisements

No, No. Bill will crack down on illegals I heard. His website talks about it also.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-30-2010, 10:04 AM

9,273 posts, read 26,522,892 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HillaryC View Post
No, No. Bill will crack down on illegals I heard. His website talks about it also.

Yes because a politician's word is golden.

Old 09-30-2010, 10:05 AM

56 posts, read 158,490 times
Perry is too "Bush" for me.

Old 09-30-2010, 10:06 AM

9,273 posts, read 26,522,892 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by westres1 View Post
Bill is a work horse.... working for the State and PEOPLE of Texas
keep living the dream.

This is like the last presidental race. Both candidates "totally suck."

Old 09-30-2010, 10:10 AM

128 posts, read 130,562 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EasilyAmused View Post
Yes because a politician's word is golden.

What has Perry done about it? Zero. He talks the talk and won't walk the walk. You don't even know what White really would do. He will probably follow up on his promises. But you do know what Perry did not do.

Old 09-30-2010, 10:12 AM

2,639 posts, read 8,298,139 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by studiobtm View Post
White - idiot leftist who always wants to spend more than what is possible and then raise taxes. Tax and spend. Spend and tax. It has never worked anywhere, ever. Not once. Especially with an open border policy. But the left keeps trying. At least they are consistent.

Perry = leftist lite. I will hold my nose and vote for Perry. Ug.
You need to re educate yourself on Perry...He is spending and spending and spending. How can you call yourself a conservative when you spend millions on a lavish house with taxpayer money. He says he balanced the State budget but failed to mention it is required by the State Constituition to do so. He put in his cronies at Texas A&M after Gates left and they spent millions of State dollars on research and funding for companies owned by Perry contributors. Many of the research failed to produce and the companies failed. But not before they made themselves rich with public University research dollars.
Apparently he also pays his aids wives alot of money making people who work for Rick quite rich.
Slater: Case of Perry aide and wife show how things work in Austin | News for Dallas, Texas | Dallas Morning News | Texas Politics | The Dallas Morning News
do I even dare mention what he has done for our insurance rates?
Texans pay $600/yr. more than the US average. Rates have soared almost 50% under Perry and yrs. ago he admitted that TX lacked effective regulation. Ten Perry staffers ...became insurance lobbyists, earning up to $6 mill.

Old 09-30-2010, 10:54 AM

2,551 posts, read 4,062,070 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by studiobtm View Post
White - idiot leftist who always wants to spend more than what is possible and then raise taxes. Tax and spend. Spend and tax. It has never worked anywhere, ever. Not once. Especially with an open border policy. But the left keeps trying. At least they are consistent.

Perry = leftist lite. I will hold my nose and vote for Perry. Ug.
You can't be serious. You may not like White, but he is definitely NOT an idiot. He is a very smart man and a capable politician. Disagree with his views intelligently if you must disagree.

And Perry is a leftist lite??? How on earth can you say he's leftist? He spends money irresponsibly, but that's just bad governance and has nothing to do with left v. right.

Oh my. I question the principles of democracy when I see how uninformed so many people are.

Old 09-30-2010, 11:50 AM

24,038 posts, read 15,144,070 times
This year the election reminds me of those old westerns where everybody in town has morphed into a mob trying to hang the wrong person. People who understand how government works are few and far between. When did they stop teaching civics? Most of my neighbors don't even know they are in a water district or what it does, but they can solve any national or international problem.

Perry has been there long enough to be totally corrupted, along with all of his cronies. Let the next guy have a chance. The bureaucrats run the state, anyway.

Old 09-30-2010, 12:08 PM

346 posts, read 740,227 times
White, if he does the same things for texas as he has in my home city, the we will have a very hard working progressive gov

Old 09-30-2010, 12:41 PM

9,053 posts, read 17,218,928 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by crone View Post
This year the election reminds me of those old westerns where everybody in town has morphed into a mob trying to hang the wrong person. People who understand how government works are few and far between. When did they stop teaching civics? Most of my neighbors don't even know they are in a water district or what it does, but they can solve any national or international problem.

Perry has been there long enough to be totally corrupted, along with all of his cronies. Let the next guy have a chance. The bureaucrats run the state, anyway.
Good post
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston