Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-25-2010, 05:25 AM

6 posts, read 12,580 times

Advertisements

Returning to Houston after 10 years, leaving midwest. Family, 4 kids: 4 (autisic), 9, 10, 15. Seeking house 100-125K range, excellent schools (elementary, middle school, high school). I have positive comments on Kingwood... How about Humble? North west? prefer short commute to the Beltway 8 where my new employer is located... Any info is appreciated....
Quick reply to this message

Old 09-25-2010, 07:22 AM

2,480 posts, read 7,138,933 times
Where on the beltway will you be working?

Kingwood is nice, great schools, but may be harder pressed to find a newer home in that price range.

Atascocita (just east of Humble) could be another choice for you. There are more home options in your price range, and the schools are good.

It's super easy to get to the beltway from either Kingwood (take 59 south to the Beltway) and Atascocita (take W. Lake Houston Parkway south to the beltway or Atascocita Road to the Beltway). They are putting in some tolls for exiting the beltway east of 59. And I have seen at least one drive-thru toll being built. No idea what the cost will be yet. It will probably be one more year before total completion of the beltway. There are no tolls between 59 and 45 on the beltway.

Others more familiar with Kingwood can possibly give you specific neighborhoods to look into.

I live in Atascocita and love it here. You may try looking into Atasca Woods, Atascocita Forest, Clayton's Park, Atascocita Timbers, Woodland Pines, and Laurel Place.

New communities that are a bit more but may be worth looking at are Lakeshore, Eagle Springs, Summerwood are fabulous communities, but HAR didn't bring up many homes selling for less than $130,000, but that doesn't mean you can't offer and get one for less.

You may also want to look into Canyon Gate at Park Lakes (on the Beltway) and Sunset Ridge.

Old 09-25-2010, 10:29 AM

4,900 posts, read 13,735,217 times
In your price range you would be better off looking at Atascocita over Kingwood.

Old 09-25-2010, 08:34 PM

6 posts, read 12,580 times
JFK Boulevard and Texas 8 Beltway

Old 09-26-2010, 06:14 AM

2,480 posts, read 7,138,933 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by midwestern_richard View Post
JFK Boulevard and Texas 8 Beltway
Okay, then all my recommendations stand. Would take about 2 minutes to get to JFK Blvd from 59 and the Beltway. So would just have to add commute time from the house/neighborhood to 59/beltway. I live in Eagle Springs and it takes me about 10 minutes to get to 59 or the Beltway depending on which way I go.

They are finishing all the overpasses now, so hopefully within the 6 months to a year, all the interchanges will be completed. That would make your commute very smooth and easy, no matter where are coming from.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston
View detailed profiles of: