Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-11-2010, 04:31 PM

4 posts, read 15,240 times

Advertisements

I am looking to buy a new home in this community. I am a single white lady in my late 30's with no children and have not seen any white people in this area. I really haven't seen many people at all, however, the few people I have seen outside are young black families. Does anyone who lives in this subdivision know if there are any other white people? Are there any singles (hey, I'm not hunting, just wondering.) Will I be "accepted"? No haters please! I'm not prejudiced, I just don't want to be ostracized. Any recent info on demographics and input on the neighborhood itself, crime, HOA,....anything would be appreciated. I love the house, I'm just not familiar with the area or neighborhood (hey, I'm from Dallas...have pity)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-13-2010, 11:41 AM

3 posts, read 13,057 times
I live in the neighborhood and while the majority of people in the subdivision are black or Hispanic, you won't feel out of place. There are many whites who live here, it's just that the majority of the people are black. On my street there are several Hispanic families and even an (east) Indian family.

Also, you normally just don't see a lot of people out and about as it has been so hot lately.

Old 09-13-2010, 04:52 PM

4 posts, read 15,240 times
Thanks for taking the time to reply. It looks very quiet, nice and well kept. Hope they keep building nice things around it (I see that they are tearing down a lot of trees in the area).

Old 09-13-2010, 05:47 PM

265 posts, read 597,165 times
Don't buy anything there. Those houses are made by KB Homes. Their houses can best be described in three words: Crap, Crap, Crap. Also the crime in that area is through the roof. Mostly of it is due to the apartments in the area, one of which just got built right next door.

If you have to buy a house in the area, look for something north of 1960. I recommend Ponderosa Forest or Northgate. Though you'll probably want somewhere with a better school system if you plan to start a family (which you should).

Don't listen to the flowery BS most of the members here peddle.

Old 09-13-2010, 06:04 PM

967 posts, read 2,609,808 times
Ha my old church (Hosanna Lutheran) is on Ella, South of 1960 (zip 77090)

And Lutherans are (with exception of course!) pretty white.

Old 09-29-2011, 04:34 PM

15 posts, read 30,921 times
STAY FAR AWAY FROM ELLA!!!!!!!!!IF YOU MOVE HERE YOU WILL WANT TO MOVE RIGHT AWAY!!!!!

Old 02-09-2012, 03:09 PM

4 posts, read 12,585 times
What is so bad about the Ella Crossing new subdivision or Ella Blvd itself? im not from Houston, Texas and was considering moving to Ella Crossing.
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrsvone View Post
STAY FAR AWAY FROM ELLA!!!!!!!!!IF YOU MOVE HERE YOU WILL WANT TO MOVE RIGHT AWAY!!!!!

Old 02-09-2012, 03:22 PM

9,189 posts, read 7,597,926 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 5star_chick View Post
What is so bad about the Ella Crossing new subdivision or Ella Blvd itself? im not from Houston, Texas and was considering moving to Ella Crossing.
I don't live there but I drive on Ella and 1960 all the time and it's not as bad as some here claim. If you listen to them, you swear it was a war zone because any subdivision within 5 or 10 miles of Greenspoint Mall (they call it "Gunspoint") is no damn good because it's gone "ghetto".

Before you move in, your best bet is to drive thru the subdivision everyday at different times to get the feel of it. Maybe even talk to some of the residence that are in their yard.

Old 02-09-2012, 03:43 PM

23,971 posts, read 15,075,178 times
I agree with fitzy24.

Like Fritzy said, just stop and ask anybody in the subdivision if they would buy there again and if there are any problems. Go to the local middle school and tell the principal you are thinking of moving there, and do they experience it as a bad neighborhood. Call the local police station. Ask the homeowners association president what problems they encounter.

Old 02-24-2012, 09:08 AM

4 posts, read 12,585 times
Yes, I have driven it for 6 months and it doesnt seem bad, but I didnt like how young men where cutting through the subdivision. Also the apartments located east of the subdivision look nice but my relator advised me that they look nice now but that changes over time and it will be hard to sell later. The new homes are priced low, but thats do to the area. So I have decided not to move in the 77090 area code. You pay for what you get is one thing I had to remember.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston
View detailed profiles of: