Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-19-2010, 09:10 PM

404 posts, read 1,031,953 times

Advertisements

I also don't understand the Whataburger hype. I don't like their burgers. Five Guys is awesome though.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-19-2010, 09:11 PM

1,632 posts, read 3,330,282 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by just4ivaylo View Post
I also don't understand the Whataburger hype. I don't like their burgers. Five Guys is awesome though.
I actually feel the exact opposite. I'm from Phoenix and enjoy In-and-Out just fine, but I prefer Whataburger to either of those other joints.

Old 08-19-2010, 11:58 PM

295 posts, read 1,169,900 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shipresa View Post
I got a call a few days ago from a friend in Las Vegas (a transplanted Californian.)

Horrors, an EAST COAST chain usurped In-n-Out, and asked me to check out this Five Guys here in Houston, as there are none in Las Vegas. "Is it true?" she asked.

Ohhhh yeah. I may have to hesitate now when expounding the glories of In-N-Out. (Whataburger will never come close to these, believe me.)

I went to the one on Eldridge & Briar Forest. Big place, only one other couple eating there. In-N-Out always has a mile long take out line, or waiting for seating.

Menu - similar. 4 types of burgers (regular, cheese, bacon and bacon/cheese.) 12 things you can put on them! Wow! Grilled OR fresh onion? Grilled mushrooms?

And fries. Two sizes. Regular or large. (Warning, the large size can feed 6 people. Trust the folks that work there!!!!) Choice of regular or cajun. We had cajun - Yum!

Verdict??? I may have a new fav burger joint. In-N-Out has the special sauce - but the variety here is nice. Everything (including fries), just like In-N-Out, is cooked fresh as you order it.

Real potato fries, cut daily. Bakery bun. Hmmm - okay, the swiped the recipe for success from In-N-Out, but man, they improved upon it.

Hopefully this will give some folks who like to compare Whataburger with In-N-Out (you can't. Different leagues.) a taste similiar.

Five Guys' Burger Bests In-N-Out's In Zagat's 2010 Fast Food Survey; More Highlights
went there today. i live less than a mile away.
liked the hotdog and fries, didnt like the hamburger, wendy's taste better imo.
a little more expensive compared to mcdo, etc..

will i be back? yes, for the hotdog and fries not for the hamburger.

Old 08-20-2010, 09:53 AM

77,771 posts, read 104,866,278 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cheryjohns View Post
I have never understood the Whataburger love. It's not much different than Burger King.
i have always thought that, I actually like Burger King better; shows how subjective food is.

Now to the OP, one thing people never consider and that is price. I haven't eaten at 5 Guys, but my kids have..They brought up, what so many do not realize, 5 Guys is more expensive.

The charm and love for In and Out is the quality for the price.

Nita

Old 08-20-2010, 09:56 AM

3,333 posts, read 9,181,389 times
Want a good burger? Grill your own. It always comes out right.

Old 08-20-2010, 10:26 AM

249 posts, read 562,318 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RVD26 View Post
I can agree with you on everything else, but c'mon...Blue Bell Ice Cream?
You don't understand why people here love it?
It's the best stuff on earth (was that a line from one of the commercials? LOL).
They even started selling it in other states because it was so good.
Seriously. Growing up in Texas ruined me for ice cream anywhere else. Other brands are practically inedible to me. Blue Bell for life.

Old 08-20-2010, 10:41 AM

3,333 posts, read 9,181,389 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wstaffor View Post
Seriously. Growing up in Texas ruined me for ice cream anywhere else. Other brands are practically inedible to me. Blue Bell for life.
Strawberry Cheesecake! Nectar of the gods.

Besides, Blue Bell comes from contented cows.

Ronnie

Old 08-20-2010, 01:25 PM

10,090 posts, read 42,448,345 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HoustonRonnie View Post
Want a good burger? Grill your own. It always comes out right.
You've never had a burger grilled by my DH!

Old 08-20-2010, 06:17 PM

3,160 posts, read 4,370,896 times
smashburger is too greasy, plus their fries just suck. they do have good buns, but big deal.

5-G's owns everyone in the fries dept., the fact they use real meat makes them better.
plus the fact they have fresh jalapinos puts them over the edge...
InO cant compete in a head up competition.

Old 08-20-2010, 06:37 PM

9,273 posts, read 26,514,595 times
I thought Smashburger was gross and way too expensive for the greasie lead feeling.

5 Guys is ok, but like In-n-Out, I don't get it.

Burger Shack and Pappa's Burgers are tops for me. Sam's for a cheap fix and an easy place to take Teens all stanky after Football/
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston