Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 08-16-2010, 02:14 PM

2,480 posts, read 7,157,622 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TXTwizter View Post
Was the girl killed black?? If she wasn't, I highly doubt that Jesse Jackson or Al Sharpton will give this any thought.

Whatever race the girl was, this just saddens me to no end. You can blame your city officials who made Houston a "Sanctuary City", that allows [mod edit -rude] come here with no problems.
Yes she was.

Old 08-16-2010, 02:32 PM

9,273 posts, read 26,547,023 times
Hmmm, I'm wondering if he was placed in the same area with the cousin for a reason...

As to some of the comments in here and other places on the net: I'm sooooooo glad that some are perfect parents and have perfect children will never ever sneak out. Never ever google the magnet trick to open windows without setting off the alarm.

My parents were perfect, we were perfect. We still snuck in/out after midnight. Most teens will do that no matter your parenting skill. Control a teen? Pfffft. At best you can establish mutual respect. Fortuantely today they are more interested in Skyping while naked, emailing pictures of themselves drunk or naked or on the toliet, and texting graphic messages than sneaking out. The wild parties don't have to be snuck off to anymore, they are often in the family game room, put on by and "supplied" by the parents. Because if they are going to drink they may as well know where they are....

I'm not much into blaming the victim,nor their families. No matter what time of day or your age, you have a right not to be killed in cold blood while walking down the street.

Last edited by EasilyAmused; 08-16-2010 at 02:51 PM..

Old 08-16-2010, 04:35 PM

1,106 posts, read 2,664,186 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rogerbacon View Post
And what about human trafficing? Once that is legalized then they won't require violence to sneak them in. What about child prostitution? Once that's legalized they won't have to beat them in to submission and keep them drugged up as sex slaves. Gee, I guess the answer to every criminal activity is just to legalize it, right? Why have laws at all since someone, somewhere is going to break them.

Unlike with child prostitution or human trafficking, legalizing marijuana will have absolutely nothing but benefits. Your bad logic is bad.

Old 08-16-2010, 04:37 PM

9,273 posts, read 26,547,023 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by glorplaxy View Post
Unlike child prostitution or human trafficking, legalizing marijuana will have absolutely nothing but benefits. Bad logic is bad.
Maybe they will make it illegal to toke and text while driving. We can only hope.

Old 08-16-2010, 04:51 PM

739 posts, read 2,140,460 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EasilyAmused View Post
Hmmm, I'm wondering if he was placed in the same area with the cousin for a reason...

As to some of the comments in here and other places on the net: I'm sooooooo glad that some are perfect parents and have perfect children will never ever sneak out. Never ever google the magnet trick to open windows without setting off the alarm.

My parents were perfect, we were perfect. We still snuck in/out after midnight. Most teens will do that no matter your parenting skill. Control a teen? Pfffft. At best you can establish mutual respect. Fortuantely today they are more interested in Skyping while naked, emailing pictures of themselves drunk or naked or on the toliet, and texting graphic messages than sneaking out. The wild parties don't have to be snuck off to anymore, they are often in the family game room, put on by and "supplied" by the parents. Because if they are going to drink they may as well know where they are....

I'm not much into blaming the victim,nor their families. No matter what time of day or your age, you have a right not to be killed in cold blood while walking down the street.
I trust my kids as far as I can throw them. But I think it is an injustice not to talk about parenting. I'm not blaming the parent but maybe a parent that allows their child to stay out all times of night may look at what happened to this girl and reevaluate their parenting style. Maybe the parent that allows their kids to drink may look at this case and realized parenting comes with some responsibility. This is not about blaming the parents but saving the next child. Nothing we can say or do can bring that girl back. However, someone may be able to learn from this unfortunate event.

Old 08-16-2010, 06:10 PM

8,898 posts, read 20,054,575 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RPEP09 View Post
I just think that both should not have been there. the killer or the girl. 14yr olds out at 2am?? parents are equally as responsible IMO.
Yeah parents are responsible but I'm sorry but teenagers are teenagers and they do sneak out - it was already on the news that she wasn't where she was supposed to have been. I went places I wasn't supposed to be as a teen and my teens snuck out and did stuff they weren't supposed to be doing. Even the best parents can get fooled by a teen determined to go to a party or out with an older crowd, etc. Let's see (drinking age was 18 when I was younger) at 16, I told my parents I was at the movies about 7 miles from the house when in reality I was sneaking into a bar 25 miles across town and pretending I was much older to flirt with the crowd.

Old 08-16-2010, 08:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pdouglas View Post
The guy who beat the offender was the cousin of the dead girl. The cousin was also in for murder.
He initially said he was the cousin - but then recanted and said no he wasn't - he just heard the story on the news and decided to beat the guy up.

Old 08-16-2010, 08:47 PM

2,783 posts, read 6,687,515 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by texas7 View Post
Yeah parents are responsible but I'm sorry but teenagers are teenagers and they do sneak out - it was already on the news that she wasn't where she was supposed to have been. I went places I wasn't supposed to be as a teen and my teens snuck out and did stuff they weren't supposed to be doing. Even the best parents can get fooled by a teen determined to go to a party or out with an older crowd, etc. Let's see (drinking age was 18 when I was younger) at 16, I told my parents I was at the movies about 7 miles from the house when in reality I was sneaking into a bar 25 miles across town and pretending I was much older to flirt with the crowd.
We've found that crating the children at night not only makes them feel more secure but prevents them from escaping the house while we sleep.

Old 08-16-2010, 08:55 PM

lol

Old 08-17-2010, 05:16 AM

739 posts, read 2,140,460 times
Works for me!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston
View detailed profiles of: