Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-12-2010, 03:40 PM

3 posts, read 14,333 times

Advertisements

We have been house searching for our expanding family. We primarily have been searching in Silverlake and Silvercreek; mainly because we want Pearland schools.
We have found some nice homes in Shadow Creek R. and Southern Trails, but have been told that Alvin ISD is not as good as Pearland ISD. Right now focusing on Elementary schools, and we like Silvercrest and Silverlake Elem.
However, we haven't found that "one" home that we love in SL or SC.
Today we looked at Sedona Lakes. We were impressed with their model homes and floor plans. Don't know too much about the builders though: Darling, Conventry, JPatrick, and Highland.
We were thinking about building instead of buying an existing home, so we can select whats important to us.
We are looking for 5B, 4.5BA, 3 CG. ANY feedback would be greatly appreciated!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-12-2010, 04:55 PM

480 posts, read 1,698,669 times
Uh...Sedona Lakes is also zoned to the Alvin ISD. Sedona Lakes - New homes near the Houston Medical Center near Downtown Houston

Old 07-12-2010, 05:23 PM

3 posts, read 14,333 times
I know Sedona L, SCR, and ST are all zoned to Alvin. Starting to research Alvin schools. Are residents happy with Alvin schools??

Old 07-12-2010, 09:52 PM

480 posts, read 1,698,669 times
My neighbors seem to be happy with Alvin ISD.

I can tell you that we are getting several new schools built here in the north part of the Alvin ISD in the next few years; the first one is already under construction - a brand new elementary school at Kingsley Dr. and Broadway. After that, there will be a junior high built somewhere near Southfork subdivision and then a new high school between Southern Trails and the Pearland Towncenter.

Old 07-12-2010, 11:10 PM

1,408 posts, read 4,053,581 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tdvorak View Post
We have been house searching for our expanding family. We primarily have been searching in Silverlake and Silvercreek; mainly because we want Pearland schools.
We have found some nice homes in Shadow Creek R. and Southern Trails, but have been told that Alvin ISD is not as good as Pearland ISD. Right now focusing on Elementary schools, and we like Silvercrest and Silverlake Elem.
Today we looked at Sedona Lakes. We were impressed with their model homes and floor plans. Don't know too much about the builders though: Darling, Conventry, JPatrick, and Highland.
We were thinking about building instead of buying an existing home, so we can select whats important to us.
Those are all good builder. JPatrick and Coventry build nice homes with more attention to detail than other builders. If you plan to live in the home for quite a while, then it's not a bad idea to build. You can get what you want and also get it new. If you plan to live there 5 or so years, don't expect to get your money back soon.

There are many options out there for resales, I'm surprised you haven't found something you really like in the PISD zone.

Old 07-13-2010, 01:06 PM

3,333 posts, read 9,172,989 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tdvorak View Post
Sedona Lakes is relatively new and VERY pricey, by comparison, due to the underlying land costs for the builders. Perry pulled out for just that reason. I wanted to build there for the longest time and investigated all the builders. All are quality. We settled on a Perry home, but then Perry pulled out of Sedona Lakes because they wouldn't lower the lot prices, even in the downturn that began in 2008.

In the end, however, we waited an extra year to build because we wanted a certain Perry plan, 1 story, 3.5 bath, 4 bed, 3-car garage in Shadow Creek Ranch... We paid about $259K for the base plan (pre upgrades) and a comparable home from one of the other builders in Sedona Lakes was around $315K - $330K. So, you can see that the underlying land is appreciably more cost to the builder in Sedona Lakes vs. Shadow Creek Ranch.

Just sayin'...

Ronnie

Old 08-02-2010, 10:01 AM

7 posts, read 33,996 times
Default Sedona Lakes Manvel

Hi: My husband and I moved into our second new Highland home in Sedona Lakes, back in February 2010, we love the neighborhood and our home, the folks that move into this neighborhood are all professionals with families. I have not heard anyone say anything negative about the Alvin schools so far. We are in the process of looking for a new home in Sedona Lakes for my 81 year old mother in law and we are getting amazing deals on homes. I have absolutely no complaints, about the area, or houses. I am beyond pleased! I have also spoken to many of my neighbors and they all feel the same way, we believe that this will be a very special neighborhood. I hope this helps, and by the way I am not a representative of any homebuilder, just a very satisfied homeowner.

Old 08-02-2010, 10:14 AM

29 posts, read 99,827 times
See for your self:

Pearland, Alvin districts rated exemplary | Ultimate Pearland (http://www.ultimatepearland.com/2010/08/pearland-alvin-districts-rated-exemplary - broken link)

Old 08-02-2010, 02:07 PM

14 posts, read 46,964 times
We have been extremely pleased with Mary Marek Elementary in SCR. It is exemplary rated.

If you want the best indicator of how the specific school you are interested is being run, schedule a meeting with the principal. The principal makes all the difference.

Old 09-07-2011, 09:31 AM

2 posts, read 6,016 times
We are relocating to the Pearland area from Katy. After living in the Cinco Ranch area I am having a HARD time liking anywhere! I like Sedona Lakes, I just can't justify the cost per sq. footage they are charging.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston