Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > House
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-05-2009, 08:31 AM

214 posts, read 1,987,761 times

Advertisements

We just recently closed on our house (2 weeks ago). We are moving in tomorrow. The previous owners left some wooden furniture on the front porch and we didn't think anything of it...actually were happy that we were left it.
I noticed some small piles of sawdust underneath each piece of furniture. Last weekend when at the house I lifted the small pad that is on each of the seats and noticed very tiny little white bugs all over it. (the furniture is stained black so it is easy to see the bugs) I am thinking termites even though we had the termite inspection and of course it said that there were no current termite infestations.
My husband called the termite company that did the inspection and told them our situation and they kind of gave him a hard time and said "this is the most unusual situation I have ever heard....what is is that you want us to do?" My husband said "I want you to come back and check out my house again since it looks like I have termites living in the furniture on my front porch". The place is supposed to come out on Wednesday but I was just wondering if anyone thinks these are infact termites living in the furniture. I mean, wouldn't the company have caught this when they were out? How can you miss the sawdust piles underneath the furniture on the front porch? Could it be another type of bug?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-05-2009, 09:59 AM

23,701 posts, read 70,922,738 times
Those are termites. You and husband need to follow the inspector around tighter than a leotard and point out every little questionable area. I'd then hire a second inspector as a confirmation. Obviously, toss the furniture.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > House