Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > House
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-03-2012, 11:18 AM

24,541 posts, read 10,859,092 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by chet everett View Post
Wolf is part of the SubZero offerings so that they have a more "complete line" to offer for folks that fall for the "free with whole kitchen" pitch.

There are better values, but if your Wolf cooktop is working I don't see why you'd be shopping for something new.

36" cooktops with high output burners often require high performance exhaust hoods, that tends to drive up costs.
Back to the basics - house is two years old, builder show home (Texas gruesome at it's finest) but appliances are for the occasional cook. I cannot take the wooden hood cover out only work with it. The space between over the counter cabinets allows for a 36 inch cook top. Fridge and dishwasher are fine. Cook top/oven/micro are not performing to my needs.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-03-2012, 11:27 AM

28,453 posts, read 85,379,084 times
And as I said the performance option is Bluestar, becuase of the way that open burner cooktops work you cannot substitute a slide-in unit into space for a drop-in unit . The sealed burners of drop-in units will not supply the output of a professional style cooktop

If you want wall ovens that are electic I cannot imagine that switching form Wolf to any other brand will have any impact on performance.

Microwaves bearing the Wolf brand are almost certainly made by Sharp, as are those made by DCS, Viking, Thermador and basically everyother brand.

Old 12-03-2012, 12:10 PM

Chet Everett
Try to think female:>)
No - I do not have Wolf. I have some upgraded GE builder appliances. I cannot use a single unit but have to use cook top and wall oven/micro. The existing cabinets are solid wood, hand made and finished and there are just too many of them to replace them after two years. So I am looking for a cook top 30 or 36 inch and a oven/micro. The rest would be gravy.

Old 12-03-2012, 12:29 PM

28,453 posts, read 85,379,084 times
It sounded like you had "upgraded" from Whirlpool to Wolf and was now considering DCS. If you have functioning two year oold GE appliances I doubt that a new wall oven from any manufacturer wil be a huge upgrade. When it comes to the cooktop GE gas units genereally top out around 20k btu, a DCS sealed burner unit might be a little hotter and have a little better low temp simmer. Going to open burner configuration would be much more noticeable upgrade.

Old 12-03-2012, 03:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chet everett View Post
It sounded like you had "upgraded" from Whirlpool to Wolf and was now considering DCS. If you have functioning two year oold GE appliances I doubt that a new wall oven from any manufacturer wil be a huge upgrade. When it comes to the cooktop GE gas units genereally top out around 20k btu, a DCS sealed burner unit might be a little hotter and have a little better low temp simmer. Going to open burner configuration would be much more noticeable upgrade.
Oven: It can only get better. Heating coils and no convection. Eight minutes to preheat to 350F and I do not think the temp is within 25 degrees.
Whirlpool
MT4155SPS-4 - Micro
GU3200X.TXV1 Dishwasher
RBS 305PVS02 Oven
Cooktop is somewhere in the same range.

I do cook and dare to say I do so every day and not badly:>)

Our old house had Jenn-Air Euro and it was considerably better. Gas line here is 1/2 inch if that makes a difference.

Thank you so much for bothering with my questions. DH took me to a fancy appliance store and said "have at it" but the frige may have to stay. :>)
Anything you folks ever need to know about resumes ... PM.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > House