Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > House
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-08-2012, 06:27 PM

30,705 posts, read 80,301,845 times

Advertisements

Good expereinces with companies are rare these days. Great ones - virtually unknown.

we bought a lot of plumbing fixtures from a company called Signature hardware. The stuff is really neat, but some valves started leaking after 5 years of use. I e-mailed the company to see about getting parts, and they sent me replacement valves and handles no quesitons asked. Installed them in ten minutes and everything works perfectly again.

Not only do I love their products for the mid-price range, but you just do not get customer service like that these days.

I had one similar experience with a plumbing company (G & S). They had a problem with a strike and took three months to send my shower set up, so they send a sink faucet set as a sorry gift. Many many years later, we moved and I tried to instal the sink faucet and discovered I has misplaced some parts. I e-mailed them and they just sent replacements even though it had been years, the parts had not failed, I lost them, and I did nto even buy the faucet, it was a gift. However G & S now costs $5000 + for the shower and tub set I bought (back then it was about $1800). Less surprising to ggt great customer service at that level. the things we bought from Signature Hardware were no where near that price level. Plus having used them for five years, I did not expect they would replace the parts at no cost (not even shipping).

Anyway I just wanted to pass on a rare A+ expereince with a company and let people know where to find good stuff and great customer service. Signature Hardware is not cheap, but it is nowhere near G & S prices. The products we bought at all beautiful looking.

In case anyone is looking for nice plumbing fixtures.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-09-2012, 05:09 PM

24,687 posts, read 26,266,318 times
The free replacement parts for most faucets are generally free from most manufacturers if you call or email them with the model number. I have done that with faucets from big box stores. They are pretty good about it.

Old 09-09-2012, 09:37 PM

30,705 posts, read 80,301,845 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by motormaker View Post
The free replacement parts for most faucets are generally free from most manufacturers if you call or email them with the model number. I have done that with faucets from big box stores. They are pretty good about it.

After five years with no reciept?

I know Moen cartridges are not free. Nor is the tool to take them out. Never bothered with parts for Delta faucets, just replace them. Maybe I should have asked.

Old 09-13-2012, 03:32 PM

24,687 posts, read 26,266,318 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coldjensens View Post
After five years with no reciept?

I know Moen cartridges are not free. Nor is the tool to take them out. Never bothered with parts for Delta faucets, just replace them. Maybe I should have asked.
Yep, just a phone call or email with the model number.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > House