Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > House
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-15-2011, 10:05 AM

102 posts, read 331,155 times

Advertisements

I am renovating a bathroom and want to install shower glass sliding doors. I don't need top-of-the line, but would like something decent and durable. What are some specifics I should be looking for? Thanks.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-16-2011, 07:30 AM

17,476 posts, read 66,094,679 times
In another thread you posted-
"I'm doing a complete bathroom renovation with a shower stall only, no tub."
Why would you want a sliding glass door for that?
Contact a glass and mirror company in your area that does shower doors. Have them come a evaluate what you have, and let them make suggestions for your shower stall.

Old 08-16-2011, 07:38 AM

28,453 posts, read 85,421,872 times
There are dozens of companies that make either the old style "hidden" sliding door hardware (more like old fashioned closet doors...) AS WELL AS the more modern style "exposed" style oversized rollers and such. In bathroom big enough for a swinging shower door that might be easier access, but honestly the ability to leave a sliding shower OPEN when younare done really helps with the MOISTURE ISSUES.

Folks that put in a lighter colored tile / stone often have major issues with mold IF they don't do something to be sure that the shower area completely dries out daily...

Glass shop that is unaware of the HUGE range of hardware options is probably gonna be of business soon! This basic setup is awesome for most showers: I have seen these in Victorian style baths as well as stuff that is crazy modern --
http://www.faucetdirect.com/index.cf...iqueId=1206247

Internt sellers are an option, but shipping will eat you alive. Obviously glass has to be handled with care and for most freight companies that means big up charge.

Old 08-16-2011, 11:32 AM

48,502 posts, read 96,894,387 times
I have owned a few houses with them.First bathroom need to be well ventalated with a quality electric vents. If a totally sealed shower it needs its own ventalation. Smooth glass is easier to clean and I favor qauilty door type over the higher maintenance roller type.With smooth glass you can use a squeegy after use and avoid soap scum buildup. Mold remember needs two things to grow moisture and dirt to feed on.It doesn't matter the color because dark just hides what is there really.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > House