Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > House > Home Interior Design and Decorating
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-07-2013, 11:29 AM

11 posts, read 29,521 times

Advertisements

Good Afternoon,

Im sorry I dont have a picture, but basically its a mahogany wood foor with an oval glass center. Its frosted in some ares and clear in others. Bascially you can look right through into our house. Also the front door is to the west which means when the sun goes down it shines very brightly into the house. I tried putting a front window film on it. Although it elminates the privacy issue, light seems to be magnified through the film.

I need something I can put on the glass to keep our more light and you cannot see through it easily.

Open for suggestions!

thanks!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-07-2013, 11:36 AM

447 posts, read 1,044,500 times
Search for Privacy Glass Film on ebay. It goes on easy, like window tint in a car.

If you cant find a style you like, spray paint comes to mind.....

Old 09-07-2013, 11:49 AM

2,186 posts, read 4,573,621 times
Get a couple of those 3M Command hooks - they now come in a brown or bronze color and can be easily removed without hurting the wood surface. Place the hooks at your desired height - then add a clear acrylic (plastic) curtain rod across the hooks. You can then hang a pair of curtains (I have decorative sheer tiers - I measured the window I needed to cover and made sure they were long enough. Typically come in 24, 30 or 36 inches) on the curtain rod and the rod and hooks will "disappear" into the coloration of the wood. All you will see when the door is shut is the curtain with the light filtering through it. It distorts the view inside and does a nice job of softening the glare of sunlight. This will work well with very lightweight fabrics - not for heavy room-darkening types of curtains.

Old 09-07-2013, 12:00 PM

1,794 posts, read 4,915,303 times
Robert,
Home Depo has a great selection of window privacy films.
They come in all kinds of designs and colors, some of them are gorgeous!
They run around 10 dollars for the real nice films, but they have something
for every taste.
I did 2 big windows for privacy and light filtering, I bought the cheap films,
but I was impressed with the other patterns. They even have them that look like
stained glass, and they really are believable.
Take a ride over and see what they have.

Old 09-07-2013, 12:01 PM

11 posts, read 29,521 times
Im really liking the idea of curtains! I will look into that! Already found some command hooks that would look nice. Thanks!

Old 09-08-2013, 07:50 PM

17,475 posts, read 66,054,754 times
Do the "sunburst" curtain- it's specifically for round, oval, and other shapes.

Here's a company that has a DIY kit-
Sunburst Window Treatment Kit

Old 09-09-2013, 11:26 AM

18,470 posts, read 31,638,910 times
real stained glass would look really nice if you can have someone do it for you. or if your talented....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > House > Home Interior Design and Decorating